Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Tiger 800 / 900 - General Discussion

Triumph or BMW

(1/5) > >>

pemcer:
Just starting to cast around for a new bike to replace my 2012 Tiger, do I stick with Triumph & buy a new Tiger 850/900 or move to the dark side & go for a BMW 900XR?

AndrewNZ:
Only a test ride will tell although having a dealer you can trust is also a consideration.  :028:

Jarse:
Originally Posted by AndrewNZ Only a test ride will tell although having a dealer you can trust is also a consideration.  :028:

Agree with this but while I think the 900XR is a cracking bike I donít feel it has the presence of the Triumph. If you keep your bikes for a few years as I do, and assume you do if youíve had your 2012 from new then I think the Triumph is a better option.

Iíve seen a few reports of 900XRís being traded early.

They look very good, have slightly better performance figures and the dash is the best on the market but my money went Rally Pro. I do also have a very good relationship with my dealer too.

Enjoy and be safe whatever you choose.

Paulhere:
How about a KTM890?

Derchef1962:
Contrary to general believe here in Germany, BMW quality is not as superior as it once was. All my bikes are serviced by a master mechanic who used to run the service department of the biggest BMW dealer in Frankfurt, actually the dealer was BMW itself. He says that if I had kept the BMW I started riding again 11 years I would have hade much more trouble than with the Tiger or the Bobber. And yes: The only trouble I had with the Tiger so far was the infamous gearshift cam spring, apart from that, that bike is just doing its job with excellence.

So I will never go back to the Beemers, I was considering a Yam Tracer but as long as the Tiger is running I will keep it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version