Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thinking of joining the gang but vertically challenged....  (Read 543 times)

Offline Nwsparky

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Fireblade
Re: Thinking of joining the gang but vertically challenged....
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 07:24:48 AM »
Thanks guys I have lowered bikes in the past by swapping doglbones and dropping the forks.The 64 plate Im looking at is claiming 740mm seat height it also has most extras and full luggage for 5999 which seems pretty good with 2 yr warranty. Asked for a video might try to get a test ride sorted.

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 10:55:58 AM »
Yes go for it - I am 5ft 5 with short legs and managed a test ride(just) of my 2016 800XRX from my Triumph dealer on normal ride height with seat in low position - decided to buy the bike and got them to lower the bike as described with dog bones and lifting forks through yokes - also had a Low seat fitted but found with less padding your bum gets numb fairly quick so swapped back to normal seat - I manage OK but on my toes a bit at a stop - love the bike and it is a do it all kind of bike happy cruising along or scratching around nice sweeping bends - all the power I'll ever need it wants to go!
Its well suited to adding top box and/or panniers for long trips and I am looking forward to touring on it when Covid allows(should have gone to Germany on it last year, and cancelled for this year too)
The XRX has more "toys" like different traction control settings but I never use them, but cruise control is handy if doing a motorway stint - theres loads of info on this forum and you will have great support
Good luck and chose well!

Offline Nwsparky

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Fireblade
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2021, 12:14:52 PM »
Great helpful comments I do really fancy this 64 plate but I just cant get to it for a test ride. Ive bought a few bikes without test rides so these comments are very helpful.

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2021, 04:03:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum, why can't you get to the dealers for a test ride? not a dealer in your area?

Recent Topics