Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Electrical, Lighting, and Wiring

Horn doesn't work

(1/1)

Derchef1962:
Hi there

MOT next week, horn does not work, indicators, high beam are fine. Can't be a blown fuse or can it? I used a fair amount of contact spray on the horn switch with no effect.
So it's either the switch or the horn, right?

Shergar:
Easy enough to check if you have a meter, the horn connections are just about accessible if you have nimble fingers.
One side should be live as soon as ignition is on, if neither is then its a fuse / feed issue. the other side completes the circuit when the horn button is pushed.
If you don't have a meter but have a very low wattage bulb you can try to use that in place of the horn to see if it lights when the button is pressed.

kokkios:
Had this problem myself. Turned out the horn switch connections got a bit rusty and needed some scrapping with sandpaper

Derchef1962:
Originally Posted by Shergar Easy enough to check if you have a meter, the horn connections are just about accessible if you have nimble fingers.
One side should be live as soon as ignition is on, if neither is then its a fuse / feed issue. the other side completes the circuit when the horn button is pushed.
If you don't have a meter but have a very low wattage bulb you can try to use that in place of the horn to see if it lights when the button is pressed.

Left handed on both hands, that's me. Helpful info though, I 'll talk to my trusted mechanic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version