Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 GT Pro broken brake handle  (Read 489 times)

Offline sprucetiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2021 Tiger900GTP
Tiger 900 GT Pro broken brake handle
« on: June 17, 2021, 10:05:34 PM »
So I was run off the road yesterday by a teenage drive (she lives next door).  I ended up dropping the bike onto the sidewalk to avoid her.

I had the [https://www.motomachines.com/evotech-performance-hand-guards-triumph-tiger-900-rally-gt-pro-2020]Evotech Hand Guard protectors[/url] on the bike.  It did an ok job, but still caused the brake lever end to snap off.  And the hand guard is cracked in a couple spots, so I will be replacing it.  Maybe with another, because barkbusters seem to be sold out everywhere too.

I had PUIG folding levers on my 800, and went looking for them for the 900 - not available yet.  They have the level, but not the little mount that you need.  It looks quite a bit different on the 900, so it might be a while before they can do that.

Does anyone know of third part options for brake levers on the 900?  Or even where I can order an OEM one?  My local Triumph dealer says the parts book is not available on the 900 models (seriously?). 

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Tiger 900 GT Pro broken brake handle
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 11:12:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by sprucetiger [+]
My local Triumph dealer says the parts book is not available on the 900 models (seriously?).

And you believe that sort of b/s?
Just contact a Triumph dealer who cares it is only a brake lever so will cost next to nothing to put in the post to you.

If you want Barkbusters they are actually an Australian product. If you go to their web site you should be able to find a dealer in Australia who will mail a set to you and with the exchange rate it could actually work out cheaper than buying in the USA anyway

https://barkbusters.net/what-fits-my/triumph/tiger-900gt-pro-2020-on/

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 11:43:07 AM »
Try this

https://www.bike-parts-triumph.com/triumph-motorcycle/Tiger/900/tiger-900-gt/FRONT-BRAKE-MASTER-CILINDER/122/10011651837/0/122

Iknow it says cylinder (or cylinder) but it has the lever

Other models also shown on the site

Regards

Stuart

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:50:58 PM by TIger Lad »
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Offline sprucetiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2021 Tiger900GTP
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 03:49:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shergar [+]

That is a great diagram!  For that alone they will get my business.  Thanks.

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 10:37:58 PM »
That's the standard Triumph catalog diagram so the part number should enable even your local stockist to order the part in, or at least mail order from another Stateside dealer - hopefully cheaper than importing into USA from UK on your own

Good luck!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch