Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bike insurance  (Read 1487 times)

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
Bike insurance
« on: June 25, 2021, 05:54:56 PM »
Hi.  Just had my renewal notice of insurance for my 900gt pro, 400 per year (Carol Nash) I think because its a new model they have loaded it. They are taking the mick. Please can I be nosey and ask what other 900 gt pro owners are paying and who with?
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Offline bazthebike

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Explorer/900GT
Re: Bike insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 06:23:03 PM »
Hi, you need to change insurer every year. Insurance companies get big discounts for new buisness. I changed from principal who were very good to bennetts in may this year. I have two bikes on one policy. 2017 explorer (1200cc), and tiger 900gt 20 reg. both are fully comp, protected no claims, legal expenses. How much i hear you ask ? 277.19p.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 06:46:11 PM »
Topic moved to "Insurance" board .....  :164:
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline felix

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 06:49:56 PM »
As above ...... always shop around.

Just put my Tuono back on the road.... tried a price comparison site and it came up with 96.
Noted neither Carol Nash or Bennets were in the top 10 so put my detail direct on their website.
CN 256 , Ben 95 - all identical cover / excess etc so went with Bennets.
I'm sure I will have to repeat the process again next year !
😁

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 900GT
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 08:58:12 AM »
I've been with Carol Nash for years but I've rarely renewed on the price they present on their renewal note.
Either I've went back into C.N. as a new customer and have ALWAYS got a cheaper quote than the renewal cost.
Or I've called them and discussed the quote which they can usually get some discount.
I tend to stay with them for the EU cover for breakdown etc..

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 09:02:48 AM »
I haven't used Carole Nash for a good few years now, always too dear.  I rotate my bikes round MCE, Bennetts, Devitts, this year using Brightside for the Tiger.
Also just to add, i used to have a multibike deal but insure them separately now as i was only getting one NCB credit per year even though two bikes were insured.

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 10:03:57 AM »
I have 4 bikes on a multibike policy. Added my GT Pro last week, making 5 bikes. Extra premium was 105 to the policy renewal date, which multiplies up to 140 per annum. Happy with that, Peter James Insurance.

Carole Nash will never see another penny from me after an incident 10 years ago.

Offline GeoffS

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 10:15:06 AM »
Its called The Insurance Premium Game, hope youre all playing at home.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesnt.

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 12:40:40 PM »
Thanks to the guys who replied. Went on a compare site got quotes ranging from 180 to 250 all nearly like for like. Armed with this info phoned C/N and had a discussion with the adviser I managed to reduce the premium from 400 down to 232.00 and with lower excess. Probably stay with C/N. They were very good dealing my accident 4years ago.
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 01:44:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Phil_from_Derry [+]
I haven't used Carole Nash for a good few years now, always too dear ....

I was with CN for the best part of 20yrs until my Street Triple renewal in 2014 was ridiculously raised. Moved to Bennetts for half the CN price, though without the CN inclusive breakdown, etc. which I never used/needed ... and ironically with the same insurance company (Equity Red Star). Then after a bit they inevitably hiked their renewal up wildly and I'm currently with Aviva Direct (who have no longer taking new motorcycle customers). I'll see what my August renewal brings, hopefully not another round of chasing quotes.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch