Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bike insurance  (Read 1253 times)

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
Re: Bike insurance
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 08:19:41 PM »
it seems like you boys in the UK have to play the same ridiculous game regarding insurance policy costs as we do here in the States. It's a mystery to me why a company gives better rates to new customers then to existing ones. Don't they realize that retaining a customer is easier than getting new ones or having the ones that left to come back?
I'm assuming that there are capable people working at the insurance companies and that they have good reasons for this practice. :112:

Chico

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2021, 08:41:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
it seems like you boys in the UK have to play the same ridiculous game regarding insurance policy costs as we do here in the States. It's a mystery to me why a company gives better rates to new customers then to existing ones. Don't they realize that retaining a customer is easier than getting new ones or having the ones that left to come back?
I'm assuming that there are capable people working at the insurance companies and that they have good reasons for this practice. :112:

Chico

Ive no idea how people in the USA behave with respect to insurance. However, in the UK many people dont bother to shop around when it comes to insurance renewals so they are an easy target for ripping off by insurance companies. Personally, Im in favour of this state of affairs because it means I can easily get a very competitive price by expending a bit of effort getting comparative quotes. Unfortunately, this situation is going to stop soon in the UK because our financial watchdog, the FCA,  has ruled that insurance companies must stop giving better quotes to new customers than they do to loyal customers. That probably means well all end up paying more!  :157:

Offline YorkieBoy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 11:21:36 AM »
18 months ago I missed the renewal reminder and had my 800 XRt premium bounced up from 102 to 128 (70 years old, max NCB). I decided to let it run and be poised for the next year (March, 2021). Sure enough, it was bounced up to 168, so cancelled & insured with AA for 84.48. My age will now tell against me, I am told, and it will now tell against me and start to creep up. I know an active 80 year old who now has to pay more than 500 to continue his riding.
Half the world have a less than average intelligence

C15, 350 Mac Velo, 200 Lambretta, 175 Jawa, 500 AJS Model 20, 650 SS Norton, 750 Commando, SP370 Suzuki, Guzzi Le Man II, Tiger 955i, Speed Triple, 1600 Tbird, Street Triple, 1700 Tbird, Explorer, 1700 LT, Street Triple, Tiger 800 XRT, 900GT

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2021, 12:51:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by YorkieBoy [+]
... My age will now tell against me, I am told, and it will now tell against me and start to creep up.

Yes, regardless of state of health the UK insurance industry use 70 as the trigger point to start hiking your premiums up on the obvious like auto and travel insurance.  :006:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2021, 08:15:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by YorkieBoy [+]
. My age will now tell against me, I am told, and it will now tell against me and start to creep up. I know an active 80 year old who now has to pay more than 500 to continue his riding.

Im 74 and paid 115 in Oct 2020. I havent particularly noticed my premiums increasing for my car or bike since reaching 70.

Offline Ben_snapper

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »
 635 with Devitt. 2020 Rally Pro, Age 46, riding 20+ years, full no claims, IAM test. Unfortunately its not garaged, class 1 business use, high risk job, fully comp,valued to pay off PCP.
 It is what it is...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 10:44:06 AM by Ben_snapper »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch