Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Transmission fault warning  (Read 452 times)

Offline TXtiger900

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
Transmission fault warning
« on: June 26, 2021, 04:31:56 AM »
Howdy from the Lone Star State- Hand wash my 2021 900 Tiger GT Low and the next day I have a Transmission fault warning  :172: What the Heck man! I have search this forum and only one topic came up which did not pertain to my issue as the bike is new w/ less than 1,000 miles on it. Taking into the Triumph dealership here in Austin will take about a month to get back. The Owners manual has no data on this issue, I was thinking of getting the "Dealer Tool" to access data from the tiger does anyone know if this tool will be of any use for diagnostics?

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: Transmission fault warning
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 06:24:26 AM »
How / where did you see the warning and was it associated with any DTCs (error codes)? Also what was the exact wording of the message?

Dealertool will allow you to read the DTCs and some sensors but I'm not sure that it'll provide much more help in this instance. You can read the DTCs yourself by holding the joystick UP and pressing the M button while turning the ignition on.

It's not a fault I'm familiar with but a quick look at the service manual suggests there's a 'Trasmission Warning' symbol that's related to the shift-assist (quick shifter) and/or gear position sensor adaptation status.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:44:00 AM by T800XC »

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 08:11:39 AM »
Last year my 800 XCA developed a fault to do with ABS comms which resulted in the engine check light being on when I came to start it. I never attempted to ride it with the warning light on but, instead, I reset the error code each time with my diagnostics set up (TuneECU) after which it rode without ok without the warning light returning. It was therefore only when the bike was powered up the next time that the warning light reappeared. Fortunately, after carrying out the 12 k service, the problem went away and so I don't really know what caused it.

In the present case, this may not be a persistent fault and therefore an error code reset might well make the problem go away?
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Offline bazthebike

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Explorer/900GT
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 08:19:05 AM »
Hi, i had this on my 900gt. I had accidentally enabled shift assist in bike set up menu which the 900gt does not have. If you go to bike set up, shift assist and untick box it will clear. Fingers crossed.

Offline TXtiger900

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 11:11:25 PM »
T800XC &  Bazthebike you guys NAILED IT :047:, not only directing me to change the setting the Speed Shifter to Disable , but recognized the sync issue! I called the dealer & the service guy plugged the code into his Triumph magic decoder ring and indicated a gear sync miss calibration. Sooooo One HUGE omission I forgot to mention  :157: in this thread was that disconnected the battery to install a Denali split bomb horn. He was telling me that these bikes are notorious for low voltage issues anyway that or i created the issue w/ shift-assist.

I disabled it and voil my error went away.               Now happier than a camel on Wednesday!

P16A2 - EMC detects Inertial Measurement (IMU) present but with Signal Error
P1703 - EMC detects Inertial Measurement (IMU) present but with Signal Error

What a great forum I joined! You guys saved me lots of frustration time and money!

Recent Topics