Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 800 Sidestand bracket  (Read 826 times)

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
800 Sidestand bracket
« on: June 30, 2021, 12:04:08 PM »
Hi
My 2016 XRX 800 has been lowered and even though I bought the sidestand for the low bike it is hardly different to the standard one - I need a sidestand bracket for the low bike - part number is T2085900, or I could perhaps get a standard bracket T2086900 and modify it

Anyone got a spareone please?

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
Re: 800 Sidestand bracket
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 12:12:41 PM »
OOps = reading through an earlier thread, it seems the bracket for the Low bike does not have a fitting for the centre stand (ie the low bike doesnt have centre stand)
So it seems I need a standard bracket T2086900 and my local bike shop will modify it (I want to keep the original one to switch back when i sell the bike)

Offline ZShyster

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 16 Tiger 18 T120
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 01:14:28 PM »
Posty,

Could I ask you a favor?

Could you please photograph both the standard side stand and the low ride side stand next to each other with a ruler next to them.  I have lowered my 2016 and am trying to determine how best to address the side stand issue.

One option is to put a washer or two on the lower bolt under the side stand mounting plate.  See https: https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,29216.0.html and the photo posted there.

Other options are discussed here https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,22543.0.html

Thanks and Ride Safe
ZShyster
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 01:19:04 PM by ZShyster »

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 04:50:20 PM »
Hi - bear with me I will try to get some pics for you, but when I bought the sidestand for the low bike and compared it side to side with the original stand the length looks the same - just the angle of the pad which contacts floor is different - I think its this combined with the different sidestand bracket which gives the better lean angle.
However I have read that the XRX low does not have a centre stand, and the low bracket therefore cannot work with one.
I want to keep the centre stand as its so useful for doing work on the bike and when cleaning (I only use it when at home so run the back wheel onto a 2" block of wood to help raise it onto the stand)
I have tried the washers under the original bracket (2 off x 2mm - dont think it will take any more)- it improved things a little but the bike is still far too upright and mine has fallen over a couple of times
This is why I am looking for another original sidestand bracket pn T2086800 - my local bike shop say they can modify it to give more lean angle but want to be able to return the bike to stock when I am ready to sell it

Offline ZShyster

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 16 Tiger 18 T120
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 06:40:06 PM »
I agree that the center stand is very valuable.  Did you try the low stand with the washers?  My understanding is that even with the washers, the side stand sits on its heel.  The low stand may be at an angle that allows it to sit flat and reduce lean angle.  I was thinking about the using the washers and grinding the heel of the normal side stand down a little.

ZShyster

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 07:50:08 PM »
Hi yes if you read my last post again you'll see that I did try the washers with the low stand (its how the bike is now) - the base of the stand sits fairly flat onto the ground but the bike is still far too vertical
For my bike anyway, it seems the only thing left is to have the sidestand bracket modified as suggested by my local bike garage
Heres a couple of pics - the original stand is at the rear - pic is deceptive the actual length of both is the same but if you look at the 2nd pic its because of the angle of the foot
Someone suggested bending the actual sidestand but my local garage guy said you;d have to get it really hot and it would probably melt!
I am not keen on cutting and welding it as some have suggested - if it fails when I am a long way from home, I am stuffed as I find it very difficult to put the bike on the centre stand without running the back wheel up on a block of wood first
STILL NEED A SIDESTAND BRACKET PART NUMBER T2086900 (ORIGINAL FOR tIGER 800 2016 XRX) FOLKS PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS A SPARE!!

Offline newm

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 09:42:43 PM »
Can ask where you got the foot stand extender? Got the low stand I cant find one anywhere thanks

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 10:11:10 AM »
R&G check out website - https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/kickstand_shoes/Triumph/

Still looking for a sidestand bracket folks please?

Offline newm

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 10:21:43 AM »
Thanks il have a look I didnt realise you had two threads mine is definitely shorter and my lean angle is where it should be il take a picture later I lowered mine by 40mm on the dog bones and the forks how much have you lowered hours? And what about filling the bottom of the stand ?

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 11:58:29 AM »
Dont know how far mine has been lowered - the Triumph dealer I bought it from did it before I collected the bike
Any chance you have the part number for the stand you have? As I said mines the one for the XRX low from Triumph parts catalogue but is no shorter just angle of the foot

I dont think filing the bottom of the stand would do much as its quite thin at the foot anyway and I think I would need about an inch or so lower to get a decent angle - I'm always having to be really careful where I park it as the bike has fallen a couple of times on the slightest incline

As I said in an earlier post, my local bike garage are confident they can heat up and bend the sidestand bracket to give a good lean angle which is why I am after another bracket to return the bike to standard when I come to sell it

Recent Topics