Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900: 600 mile / 3 week review  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Reggieboy

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Re: Tiger 900: 600 mile / 3 week review
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 02:38:59 PM »
An excellent review. The reason I parted with my 800 was because I found it a touch too top heavy for me. The other characteristic I disliked was the 'sport engine' nature of the bike. It lacked the grunt off the line my twin cylinder bikes give me. In your view have these two aspects imptoved?
Cheers
John

Online matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 03:02:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Reggieboy [+]
An excellent review. The reason I parted with my 800 was because I found it a touch too top heavy for me. The other characteristic I disliked was the 'sport engine' nature of the bike. It lacked the grunt off the line my twin cylinder bikes give me. In your view have these two aspects imptoved?
Cheers
John
Definitely improved in both respects

Online matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2021, 06:22:16 PM »
Just been on my first 2-up tour with panniers and top box. Bike coped really well and was settled in all circumstances. Could definitely do some decent long trips on this.

Things Ive noticed since my initial review now that theres 1,100 miles on the clock:
Powerbronze flip screen has made a positive effect on wind blast and noise. Great value for money.
Heat from the fans onto knees is (in town, slow speed) uncomfortable and unacceptable. Dont feel it so much in textiles, but in riding jeans (Oxford Approved) its really noticeable.
Quickshifter is much smoother going up than down.
Throttle can be a bit snatchy getting back on the gas from closed. Only in rain mode is it much smoother. 
Disconnecting the battery threw up a suspension error code. Had to reset to default setting on TFT to clear, which obviously meant losing any personal settings.
TFT froze on me yesterday (first time) requiring restarting the bike to cure. Hopefully an on-off.
Read somewhere of someone having issues with scuffed cover from gear changes / lever. Sure enough, mine is starting to mark up. Hmm.

Just my thoughts. Still absolutely love the bike.  :028:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 07:15:06 PM by matt748 »

Offline suffolktiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 18 Tiger XCA
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2021, 09:34:16 PM »
Ive written my own feelings based on a rally, not my bikes, during triumph tours/training and demos
. Id say largely echo your findings and points.
Re the heat in the knees, I noticed this too,  it after baking my legs on my 800 last week, its definitely better. The hot air on the 800 goes straight back onto the frame next to you legs.

For me the biggest improvements match what you said, the brakes (amazing even with the dialled down Mc) and the suspension (not without need for work, but a classier set up).

I didnt find the quick shifter that pleasant to use and not really sure the point, on a screaming Daytona or street tipple its ace.  Off road its got a possible bIt of use but you spend so much time clutching anyway, seems a bit redundant.

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 10:30:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by matt748 [+]
Thank you. Could you let us know (on this thread or PM) how you get on with it please? The Triumph deflector is 138!

The deflector works well for me. In all conditions over the last 500 miles it's a big improvement.

Recent Topics