Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Upper crash bars  (Read 628 times)

Offline itsmemark

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Upper crash bars
« on: July 09, 2021, 10:05:36 PM »
Hi I have a 2014 800abs it is fitted with Triumph lower engine crash bars. I'm interested in fitting Upper crash bars. Can anyone recommend which ones are easy to fit and look good on the bike.  :417:

Offline Ragtop

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 16 800 XCA
Re: Upper crash bars
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 10:36:21 AM »
I've got the Heed bars on mine - They feel very robust (although untested as of yet), and the zip cases they come with are incredibly handy.

A couple of the bolts are a sod to fit (tight access) but nothing a bit of swearing couldn't deal with!

Online Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 01:12:44 PM »
Good luck with trying to get Heed bars delivered to the UK. Heed have not exported any of their products to the UK since Brexit. Ive checked their website today and the UK is still not offered as a delivery destination.

Offline Ragtop

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 16 800 XCA
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 01:55:58 PM »
Thats disappointing!

Offline Mrski1

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 03:00:48 PM »
I was just going to ask the same thing for my 2014 XC.

Ah, Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving...........

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 03:22:22 PM »
That just means they can't be bothered, :151:

I ordered a set of Wilbers Progressive front springs earlier in the year and they shipped direct from Wilbers in Germany. Admittedly they took some extra time shipping compared with last year's arrangements, due to extra border barriers ,but they still arrived and at the same price as last year's prices. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline AKTiger123

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 03:22:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fazer [+]
Good luck with trying to get Heed bars delivered to the UK. Heed have not exported any of their products to the UK since Brexit. Ive checked their website today and the UK is still not offered as a delivery destination.

I have contacted HEED several times and they say the paperwork is too complicated - i want a set for my 2017 XCA but nothing available at the moment.  Maybe a good excuse to ride over and get them put on at the factory! :046:

Online Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 11:33:09 PM »
I got a set of Triumph ones in their clearance sale.  they were stainless steel and i didn't fancy them when i seen them in the flesh so i got them powder coated to match the engine bars.  Relatively easy to fit, and new long reach T50 torx bit bought.  A a wee bit fiddley accessing nuts behind the radiator.  a telescopic magnet is a must to retrive fallen nuts and washers hundreds of times.
I like them now, they follow the lines of the side panels to a degree and blend in well now that they're matt black.

Offline Mrski1

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 08:22:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by AKTiger123 [+]
I have contacted HEED several times and they say the paperwork is too complicated - i want a set for my 2017 XCA but nothing available at the moment.  Maybe a good excuse to ride over and get them put on at the factory! :046:

Any excuse for a road trip  :152: Same as fishermen sending their catch overseas, takes up too much time to make it worth their while. Anyway, off topic!  :455:

I found a set of official Triumph bars, but it doesn't have a fixing kit and looks a bit more of a pain to fit, just wonder if the Heed bars fit the earlier MK1 Tiger 800 XC......

Offline AKTiger123

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 12:00:01 PM »
Hi also worth noting that the OEM upper crash bars from Triumph don't fit the 2017 XCA - seems they didn't make them for this bike!  super annoying......

Recent Topics