Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How to lift bike for maintenance?  (Read 541 times)

Offline Blue_Rubber

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2019 XRX Low
How to lift bike for maintenance?
« on: July 30, 2021, 10:32:43 PM »
I've got an XRX Low so it doesn't have a centre stand.

What are some good alternatives to a paddack stand, as I have a habbit of dropping bikes when using one alone.  :034:

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
Re: How to lift bike for maintenance?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 07:35:23 AM »
I'm overhauling a Honda CBR900RR for someone at the moment and have the same problem. I've got an Abba centre paddock stand which basically slots into the swinging arm on either side which is good for allowing you to remove the wheels and is very stable. However, it doesn't help when you have to remove the swinging arm during a major service. Since the bike is on an hydraulic lift, I bought a relatively cheap scissor jack platform to raise the bike sufficiently for this purpose which is very stable but depends on having suitable points under the engine to push up against. Since it's on a lift, I am also able to use ratchet straps on either side to make it even more stable.
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Offline Snownorge

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrx
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 11:05:46 AM »
,Abba stand ,not cheap but works for me,you can get fittings for bolting on too the footpeg mounting so can remove swing arm.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 01:40:45 PM »

👍ABBA  stands are very good.

(This is my other triple. I'm taking the header pipes off to paint. This 1976 model  was the fastest production bike in the world when it came out. )
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 01:43:19 PM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline Blue_Rubber

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2019 XRX Low
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 09:33:42 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone, sounds like the Abba centre paddock stand would be the best solution as it's very quick to use and fairly cheap.

Recent Topics