Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Tyres and Wheels

TPMS Tiger 900 Low Pressure Settings

(1/2) > >>

professor:
Hi Guys does anyone know what the LOW pressure setting is on the new factory TPMS fitted to the Tiger 900's and if they are adjustable.  I'm having an issue whereby the rear sensor is showing an alarm on the screen but still shows the actual pressure in the tyre is where you want it.  It's also not consistent.
Cheers

Thom:
The pressure display seems to have its limit value between 2.8 and 2.9 bar. Had that a few times now. After increasing the pressure to 3.0 bar, the warning was gone. According to Triumph, the limit is not adjustable.

professor:
Thanks Thom that concurs with my experience, real shame that the lower level isn't adjustable as when you reduce tyre pressure for off road situations (which the bike is made for) you constantly have this Low Tyre pressure warning until you increase the tyre pressures again.
Cgeers

Stevie.P:
 :084: .... I'm throwing a thought in here that might be the sort of thing T800XC might pick up on. I was doing a reply saying that the sensors are likely factory set at the standard 36/42psi (+/- a tolerance) as this seems to be a common set of tyre figures across a lot of the Triumph range. Then I thought I'd better edit to clarify 36psi front and 42psi rear ..... but that then threw up my thought. Surely the mean value somehow has to be set when fitted as there are not specific front and rear sensors. If assume the sensors are set at a mean 36 and 42psi +/-  value somehow, such as when registering to the.bike ECU and it sets that allocated F & R pressure, or is it a locked procedure that only Triumph software can do. :027:
I know my rear sensor activates the warning light at 38psi .... 4psi below recommended pressure. Luckily I haven't had a front wheel pressure loss so don't know for sure but suspect 32psi would activate a warning. :027:

KildareMan:
Originally Posted by professor Thanks Thom that concurs with my experience, real shame that the lower level isn't adjustable as when you reduce tyre pressure for off road situations (which the bike is made for) you constantly have this Low Tyre pressure warning until you increase the tyre pressures again.
Cgeers

Lower for off road, rejoin the road and it's there to remind you to reinflate. If say that's triumph's thinking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version