Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Electrical, Lighting, and Wiring

Tapping into low beam & full Beam wires

(1/4) > >>

Baz9524:
2015 Tiger 800 XRx
I've had a good dig around the forum and found a few topics that mention my problem but nothing that helps me out unfortunately.

Trying to wire up my Denali DX Xtreme Aux lights and make them operate at 40% brightness when headlight is on low beam, (i.e. DLR's with the headlight).  But automatically brighten to 100% when headlights are at full beam.

They're designed for this and already come with all the wiring, fuses and controllers you need.  Supposedly just a case of tapping into the bikes low and full beam wires individually but I cannot for the life of me find these two wires!

Checked behind the headlight and found the low beam is blue/orange & full beam is blue/black.  BUT, the Haynes manual wiring diagram has them as blue/red & blue/white!

Took the tank off hoping to locate wires that matched any of these colours but no joy.  Looks like the loom goes from the headlight case, all the way through the bike frame and comes out near the battery.

Essentially my question is this: Does anyone know of the best location for me to locate and tap into these two wires, (headlight low beam & headlight full beam)?  Also, can anyone confirm what the colours are, (blue/orange & blue/black or blue/red & blue/white)?

Grateful for any help and I'll post pictures to help others if successful.

KildareMan:
Wires can change colour either side of a connector - rear light for example. Could be same for headlights.

awjdthumper:
I would trace the wires to the headlight bulbs and check they give 12V when either the dipped or full beams are selected. The coloured wires go straight to the headlight switch and therefore your options for tapping into them are going to be limited :084:

UncleGary:
Originally Posted by awjdthumper I would trace the wires to the headlight bulbs and check they give 12V when either the dipped or full beams are selected. The coloured wires go straight to the headlight switch and therefore your options for tapping into them are going to be limited :084:

One should find 12 volts for either filament (high or low beam). I agree that a handy access to this wiring is unlikely. When the gas tank is installed the space is very tight.  :006:  But others here may know a clever work around.

chuckxc:
High beam > Blue/White
Low beam > Blue/Red

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version