Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Electrical, Lighting, and Wiring

USB port mounting on 900 GT Pro

(1/3) > >>

Tame tiger:
I plan to wire a USP port to the battery and mount it up front.  Besides the handlebar, can anyone suggest a good place to mount a USB port so that I can plug the phone in to keep it charged? 

AndrewNZ:
Why not use the socket that is already there with you could even have a double socket?

learningtofly:
Originally Posted by AndrewNZ Why not use the socket that is already there with you could even have a double socket?
Exactly - just pop one of these Optimate O105's (or similar) in. These have an auto cut-off too, in case you forget to remove it when you park up.

Tame tiger:
The reason is that I will be using that socket for my heated gear in the colder months. 

K1W1:
Originally Posted by Tame tiger The reason is that I will be using that socket for my heated gear in the colder months.

Connect the heated gear to the battery with a suitable fuse and run a connector up between the front of the seat and the tank (in front of your crouch) then plug your gear in there.
Use a USB adapter in the DIN socket beside the ignition switch for phone charging.
Think this through. You will likely use the USB on every ride. You only need the connection fir the heated gear in the cold months. When not in use you can hide the connector under the seat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version