Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Rocket 3 GT test ride  (Read 771 times)

• Online Derchef1962   de

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1366
    • Topic Author

Online Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: 900 GT PRO 2021
    Rocket 3 GT test ride
    on: Aug 21, 2021, 09.18 pm
    Aug 21, 2021, 09.18 pm
    heya guys

it's about two weeks ago but as Triumph kept pestering me about a test ride of their newer models I had a go at the Rocket 3. Main idea was: I ride that bike find it it unridabel and get it out of my head.

Boy now that went wrong...

You do think the shere power and especially the torque makes this biker into a monster only an expert rider can control but in real life... no this is a well-balanced bike even me with my limited riding abilities can ride safely and.... have tons of fun.

Yes it's heavy about 280 kgs but that makes any HD rider laugh. Once you go you don't feel the weight at all. Yes the bike is massive but again once you go you even forget that. You can go a 50 kms per hour in sixth gear and you can just pull the cable (or operate the ride by wire thingy) and the bike climbs up with ease. I only realised what kind of engine was between my knees when I reved it up on a traffic light and the bike tilted to the right hand side, wow what a feeling. Bit like the BMW boxers but I seem to remember they tilt to the left hand side, can't exactly remenber.

Sothe bike is not out of my head it's in there. If I hadn't the bobber I'd be seriously thinking about having one. Owning one bike is ok, having two bikes is kind of posh but three bikes is decadent....

But then again never had the chance to own a V8 car and those will be extinct in near future, maybe the rocket is my V8....need a wealthy client with lots of trouble with the tax authorities so I might re-think this in or out of my head problem.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

• Online UncleGary   us

• Tiger Master  ‐    494

Online UncleGary

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 Roadie
    Re: Rocket 3 GT test ride
    Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2021, 09.37 pm
    Aug 21, 2021, 09.37 pm
    For many of us, " Owning one bike is ok, having two bikes is kind of posh but three bikes is decadent...." we can substitute "decadent" with the word "divorce".  :001:

• Offline AndrewNZ   nz

• Tiger Member  ‐    90

Offline AndrewNZ

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: 900 GT Pro
    Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2021, 09.58 pm
    Aug 21, 2021, 09.58 pm
    I bought the GT Pro as it was 60 kg lighter than my Explorer and that 20 kg heavier than that so it completely rules it out for me.
    You are only jealous as the voices are speaking to me! Honda 90 Sport, Lambretta 200 GT, Honda 250 sport, then a 25 year gap, Harley Davidson 900 Sportster, Harley Davidson 1600 Fat Bob, Triumph Explorer Gen I, Triumph Explorer Gen II, Triumph 900 GT Pro.

• Online K1W1   au

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    5180

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
    • Up in the hills
    • Bike/Model: XRX
    Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2021, 08.20 am
    Aug 22, 2021, 08.20 am
    *Originally Posted by UncleGary [+]
    For many of us, " Owning one bike is ok, having two bikes is kind of posh but three bikes is decadent...." we can substitute "decadent" with the word "divorce".  :001:

Everybody knows that the perfect number of bikes to own is one more than you currently own.  :001: