Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 900 rally pro, 6000k mile / 1 year service, and the list of things to fix...  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Adey Bee

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Triumph till I die
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
This is quite worrying for riders thinking of upgrading to the new 900, I currently have 500 dep down on a 900RP.
1st question " do you ride your bike hard constantly?"  I think I ride quite aggressively when on my own, but I've only had to swap chain and sprockets once, that was on an 11 800xc after 13k now on my 3rd tiger 2018XRT 10k chain and sprockets are still good.
2nd question "do you wheely the bike a lot?" fork seals blown already is a bit of a shock to be honest, we ride in a group of 9 and only one bike has a a leaky seal in 10 years.
3rd question "if you do ride hard then you must be heavy on braking, do you sit at lights and junctions with your front brake applied" again 10 years on the Tigers we've never had a warped disc.
Hope you get it all sorted mate.
Bandit 1250, Tiger 800 XC, Tiger 800 XCA, Tiger 800XRT

Offline Ben_snapper

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro

TBH mate I got an early model and I think they were still practicing how to make them. I ordered it mid March and due to last years ridiculousness it didn't arrive until mid June, but in answer to your questions I don't ride it hard constantly. 6k of the 7.5k its done have been motorway riding, just sat at 75-80 where its quite happy, just I do occasionally treat it like a super moto, but not often, and i do a few local farm tracks at speed to take short cuts, but it ain't the Dakar.
 "do you wheely the bike a lot?" No, who do you think I am, an American who's just passed his test and bought a Fireblade?
"if you do ride hard then you must be heavy on braking, do you sit at lights and junctions with your front brake applied" See previous comment :038:

Offline Ben_snapper

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro

More dramas, took the bike to my local dealer for the chain and sprockets doing, and the adjuster bolt seized in the swing arm while they were taking it out. Tried to screw it back in but it sheared off. Result new swing arm under warranty. Apparently there is a hole in the swing arm that dirt/water/grime gets in and this happens. Recommend taking them out and packing the thread with grease, my dealer in now going to do this as standard on the pdi. They also have to copper slip the back of the brake pads and also put anti seize on a lot the the various bolts as the factory doesnt do it as standard. Absolutely shambles.

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
I sold my 2012 Tiger 800 Roadie with 23,000mls on it. Had the original chain and sprockets, discs, etc. Can't see how you can wear all that out in the mileage done.

Offline coach

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2021 Tiger 900GT
This is a bit worrisome as I bought my T900 GT this Summer and am approaching its 6000 mile service.  While my Tiger 800 XCx was flawless, I did have the front forks go and front rotors warp on my Tiger 1050 SE at around 4000 miles. (only street riding)  All replaced under warranty.  No problems with that 1050 thereafter but when I later changed out the front sprocket tooth number I replaced the rear sprocket and the chain too.  Hope this fix ends your T900 issues as it is such a great bike and a hoot to ride.   :300:
coach - 2021 Tiger 900 GT

2016 Tiger 800 XCx - 2012 R1200GS - 2007 1050 Tiger & 2010 1050 Tiger-SE then 2011 T800 "Roadie" (All sold) :161:
Plus over a dozen other bikes that I loose track of but my wife constantly reminds me of. :006:
North Conway, New Hampshire :300:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch