Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 900 GT Pro - luggage complaint  (Read 639 times)

Offline Tame tiger

• Tiger Member
  • had 2013 800, 2016 XRT and now.
  • Bike: 2022 900 GT Pro
900 GT Pro - luggage complaint
« on: August 28, 2021, 03:51:39 AM »
Again, I love this bike.  It handles better than any motorcycle i have ever had.  I think it is truly great.

I did purchase the Triumph plastic bags (not the aluminum ones).  Im happy with them except for one thing: I cant leave them unlocked.  In order to take the key out of the lock, I have to lock the bag.  This is annoying if say, the engine is running and I want to put something in the bag or take something out of the bag.  I have to turn the motor off and unlock the bag with the ignition key.

Yes, I could carry both keys with me.  But I cant be trusted with two keys - I would leave one in the lock or just plain lose it.

Your thoughts?

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: 900 GT Pro - luggage complaint
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 04:18:49 AM »
Fog lights  should only ever be used on low beam. If you use high beam in foggy conditions all you will do is blind yourself.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 04:21:23 AM »
Get a third key cut and keep it in a pocket in your riding jacket secured with a small bit of rope or chain.

Online awjdthumper

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 06:32:18 AM »
I'm the opposite and don't trust myself when I go out visiting to not to loose the ignition key and be left stranded- I therefore always take the spare key out with me usually in a separate pocket in my motorcycle pocket.
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Offline Tame tiger

• Tiger Member
  • had 2013 800, 2016 XRT and now.
  • Bike: 2022 900 GT Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 11:35:42 AM »
I will be taking both keys with me from now on.

Offline Thom

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 11:08:55 AM »
When I'm out with my wife, we always have the spare key from the other motorcycle in our pocket to be on the safe side.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 01:47:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tame tiger [+]
Again, I love this bike.  It handles better than any motorcycle i have ever had.  I think it is truly great.

I did purchase the Triumph plastic bags (not the aluminum ones).  Im happy with them except for one thing: I cant leave them unlocked.  In order to take the key out of the lock, I have to lock the bag.  This is annoying if say, the engine is running and I want to put something in the bag or take something out of the bag.  I have to turn the motor off and unlock the bag with the ignition key.

Yes, I could carry both keys with me.  But I cant be trusted with two keys - I would leave one in the lock or just plain lose it.

Your thoughts?

that's standard Givi, the maker of the boxes, with any Givi box I know you can only take off the key once you lock it. Separate key is what you need to do
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline dragon88

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 02:31:57 AM »
Just get a dumb key or 2 cut. Easy.

Recent Topics