Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New bike ordered  (Read 1561 times)

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: New bike ordered
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2021, 01:22:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
A modest 98,870km

10k km per year average is a nice amount for a bike. Im jealous that you can ride currently. Unfortunately living here in the state of perpetual lockdown motorcycle riding is pretty well non existent at the moment. The last time I went for a ride was the first weekend in May.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:17:50 AM by K1W1 »

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2021, 08:24:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
10k km per year average is a nice amount for a bike. Im jealous that you can ride currently. Unfortunately living here in the state of perpetual lockdown motorcycle riding is pretty well non existent at the moment. The last time I went for a ride was the first weekend in May.

I'm lucky in as much I am a Clinical Engineer in a hospital so during our lock downs (lost count as to how many) I rode every day. With the lack of traffic I had to find longer routes in so I now have a route that's about 65km (most direct is 32km) over the Dublin mountains.

Hopefully you'll be back out soon.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2021, 01:13:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Hopefully you'll be back out soon.

I think we are at lockdown 6 at the moment. Ours have generally been over winter so whilst I do have a essential worker permit and can go to the office generally I dont and on the days when I do it is far easier to fall for the AC and heated seats of the car and not having to get geared up and ride in rain.
Not being able to ride in the weekends has been the big issue for me. There is only so many times you can feel enthused about getting geared up to ride around roads within 5km of home that you have travelled thousands of times before.
I hope the Guzzi works out. I must admit the V85TT did tempt me a lot but the parts supply side of things here in OZ is a little off putting. The new water cooled 1000cc engines that they have just announced could guide well be the start of a real resurgence for Moto Guzzi.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 06:50:52 PM »
Seems appropriate to post this photo as I took a similar one of the Tiger from pretty much the same spot 10.5 years ago, although it was a dry day then.

And a photo rally point - Avoca Mines

Tis a peach of an engine.  Pulls much better than you would think. Better than the Bonnie equivalents anyway.  Build quality is very good also - there's a lucious feel to the frame paint work.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2021, 06:56:00 PM »
Nice.
Enjoy

:031:

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2021, 10:19:32 PM »
Heres is to the next 100k km of motorcycling!
Looks like a fun bike enjoy it.

Recent Topics