Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Seering latest posts  (Read 1643 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member  ‐    35
    • **
    • Topic Author

    Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 35
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Seering latest posts
    on: Aug 31, 2021, 06.44 am
    Aug 31, 2021, 06.44 am
    Hi all - is there any way to display latest/recent posts in chronological order? I don't mean just the very few that appear in the navigation bars on the Home and Forum pages (and at the bottom of the latter), by the way.

    This is the only forum I've used where there isn't a very obvious way to do it, and from what I can see it means visiting all the sub-forums individually to see what's been going on.
    Tony
    2021 900 GT Pro

  • Offline tcbandituk   gb

    • Tiger Pro  ‐    197
    • ***
      #1

    Offline tcbandituk

    • Tiger Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Bike/Model: XRt & Street RS
    • Country: gb
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2021, 07.47 am
    Aug 31, 2021, 07.47 am
    This displays the latest unread posts
    https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php?action=unread
    2020 Street Triple RS
    2018 Tiger 800 XRt
    GSXR750 Track bike

    TC Drag Bike

  • Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member  ‐    35
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 35
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2021, 07.53 am
    Aug 31, 2021, 07.53 am
    *Originally Posted by tcbandituk [+]
    This displays the latest unread posts
    https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php?action=unread
    Thanks, and yes - I've seen that. I just wondered if it was possible to display latest posts as a page/ pages. As I say, I've not come across a forum where it wasn't before, so wondered it it was just me and I was missing something.
    Tony
    2021 900 GT Pro

  • Offline tcbandituk   gb

    • Tiger Pro  ‐    197
    • ***
      #3

    Offline tcbandituk

    • Tiger Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 197
    • Bike/Model: XRt & Street RS
    • Country: gb
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2021, 07.56 am
    Aug 31, 2021, 07.56 am
    2020 Street Triple RS
    2018 Tiger 800 XRt
    GSXR750 Track bike

    TC Drag Bike

  • Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member  ‐    35
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 35
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2021, 08.14 am
    Aug 31, 2021, 08.14 am
    *Originally Posted by tcbandituk [+]
    That the one! Is there a link/button for it somewhere?
    Tony
    2021 900 GT Pro

  • Offline Adô   england

    • Administrator
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    1137
    • *
      #5

    Offline Adô

    • Administrator
    • Tiger Jedi
    • *
    • Posts: 1137
    • Country: england
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2021, 08.58 am
    Aug 31, 2021, 08.58 am
    At the bottom of the main forum page in the "Forum Stats" area, there's a line that says "View the most recent posts on the forum"

    You're quite correct it's impossible to find !  :001:

    However, the next version of the forum will address this issue.

    Can't give an idea of when this will be implemented as it's in final testing but we'll do the update when able  :028:

     :031:

    Have a problem ? Maybe read the Forum Help section: Forum Help
    Still need support ? Post issues in this board: Forum Help / Issues / Problems board

  • Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member  ‐    35
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #6

    Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 35
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2021, 09.16 am
    Aug 31, 2021, 09.16 am
    *Originally Posted by Admin [+]
    At the bottom of the main forum page in the "Forum Stats" area, there's a line that says "View the most recent posts on the forum"

    You're quite correct it's impossible to find !  :001:

    However, the next version of the forum will address this issue.

    Can't give an idea of when this will be implemented as it's in final testing but we'll do the update when able  :028:

     :031:
    Ah, there it is   :156:

    Thanks, and noted!
    Tony
    2021 900 GT Pro

  • Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member  ‐    35
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 35
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2021, 08.29 am
    Sep 01, 2021, 08.29 am
    Oh yes, one more thing... when this particular issue is addressed, would it be possible to see the list of recent posts sorted by thread, rather than seeing each individual post (in fact, as they're listed under "recent new topics" on the main forum page)?

    Thanks muchly  :037:
    Tony
    2021 900 GT Pro

  • Offline Adô   england

    • Administrator
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    1137
    • *
      #8

    Offline Adô

    • Administrator
    • Tiger Jedi
    • *
    • Posts: 1137
    • Country: england
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2021, 09.59 am
    Sep 01, 2021, 09.59 am
    *Originally Posted by learningtofly [+]
    Oh yes, one more thing... when this particular issue is addressed, would it be possible to see the list of recent posts sorted by thread, rather than seeing each individual post (in fact, as they're listed under "recent new topics" on the main forum page)?

    Thanks muchly  :037:

    Well only what's already there at the bottom of the pages along with the "Unread Topics" listing.

    Producing these listings on the fly is incredible resource intensive as many are individually generated for each person. When you've got 700 members all online at once then the site would grind to a halt if there any more.

     :031:
    Have a problem ? Maybe read the Forum Help section: Forum Help
    Still need support ? Post issues in this board: Forum Help / Issues / Problems board

  • Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member  ‐    35
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #9

    Offline learningtofly

    • Tiger Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 35
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Re: Seering latest posts
    Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2021, 10.10 am
    Sep 01, 2021, 10.10 am
    *Originally Posted by Admin [+]
    Well only what's already there at the bottom of the pages along with the "Unread Topics" listing.

    Producing these listings on the fly is incredible resource intensive as many are individually generated for each person. When you've got 700 members all online at once then the site would grind to a halt if there any more.

     :031:
    Ah, I thought it was a simple case of applying some coding to a button/link on the menu bar. I don't really understand these things, though, and was just offering a view about usability  :164:
    Tony
    2021 900 GT Pro