Accessories, Products, and Clothing > Accessories and Products

Scott oiler reccomendations

(1/2) > >>

Tammyboy:
Have not long upgraded to a 2018 800 XRT and intend to fit a Scott oiler but which one ? had a basic vacuum one on my 2015
XR which did the job, so are the E versions worth the extra wedge ?  pro's and cons please.

AndrewNZ:
I have a Scott Oiler on my GT Pro and looked at all three versions the original vacuum version was too much messing about locating feeds and the like the E version gives control that is over the top for me as I cannot think of a time that I would need to change the flow whilst on the move and again a bit of messing about installing it.
So I went for the X system which has a feed to the rear sprocket and connects direct to the battery and that is all so simple to install and simple to use. I ordered mine from Ireland which was far cheaper than anything I found between there and NZ.

K1W1:
Have you considered the Cobrra or one of the Cobrra knockoffs from the auction site?
Inexpensive, easy to fit, takes up no space and works very well.

K1W1:
This is where I fitted my Cobrra on the left frame. Usually once a day as I am riding (generally as I am getting close to home if I have just been out for the day) I reach down and turn the lid 90 degrees and it drips oil onto the chain for a couple of minutes which is more than enough to lube it. I use 90 wt gear oil that costs nothing. One fill of the on board canister lasts 1500-2000 km depending on conditions and how often you lube the chain.

Paulhere:
Originally Posted by Tammyboy Have not long upgraded to a 2018 800 XRT and intend to fit a Scott oiler but which one ? had a basic vacuum one on my 2015
XR which did the job, so are the E versions worth the extra wedge ?  pro's and cons please.

Had Scottoilers on all bikes for past 25 years, currently 2 with Vsystem & T800 with Esystem which is imo worth the extra, gives a 60 sec prime with one press of the button after heavy rain and/or crud, also consistent, so lasts much longer, handy for touring, 2k+ miles from a fill & chain spotless clean.

You only have to look at a chain to see the effectiveness of its oiler/oil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version