Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph app  (Read 551 times)

Offline hancop

• Tiger Member
Triumph app
« on: September 07, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »
Is the triumph app not cloud based ?
I was using it on an iPhone 11 then got a 12. I logged into the app on the 12 but it does not show my correct mileage, fuel consumption, next service date or any of my rides in my ride log.

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2021 900 GT Pro
Re: Triumph app
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 07:01:25 PM »
I have no idea how it's done but it's a pretty crap app.

Offline hancop

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 07:16:13 PM »
I would 100 percent agree with you assessment. Would be nice if they would update it to make it cloud based and add some more features. Also would be nice if they added the gps map to the tiger 900 screen and make the music volume up and down work with iPhones from the toggle switch. They could do so much more with the app and the screen.

Offline Paulhull

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XRt
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 09:54:51 PM »
I would just like the navigation features to work,  at all. They will not download to any Samsung phone I have tried, including a Galaxy J6 on which they say they have successfully tested it. Which other app - of any description - have you tried to use which is so poor?

Offline AndrewNZ

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 GT Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 03:26:08 AM »
I have to say that the more I have used "My Triumph" the better it has got and I quite like it now. Like all of these things its always going have something that does not suit but I have now just got used it I suppose. I have told people in the past when they get a new sat nav they should set it to places when they know where they are going you can then work out how the sat nav operates and you'll not get lost or miss judge turns.
You are only jealous as the voices are speaking to me! Honda 90 Sport, Lambretta 200 GT, Honda 250 sport, then a 25 year gap, Harley Davidson 900 Sportster, Harley Davidson 1600 Fat Bob, Triumph Explorer Gen I, Triumph Explorer Gen II, Triumph 900 GT Pro.

Offline matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 08:55:56 AM »
It is quite a basic app, and there do seem to be a few struggling with connectivity / functions etc. It must be a nightmare for any manufacturer to try and factor in all phones / software / headsets etc.
Would it have been easier for Triumph to leave it to the experts and utilise something like Apple CarPlay etc like Honda have?

I dont mind the turn by turn nav at all. I just wish I wasnt tied in to using it with Triumphs nav which is a poor relation to many free apps you can get. App development seems slow / non-existent too.

Everything (including volume) works for me (iPhone XR) except SMS but personally I dont want or need that while riding.
So its a 7/10 from me, and Ill carry on using Calimoto for nav.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch