Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Electrical, Lighting, and Wiring

Crap OEM Signals

(1/3) > >>

Masonjarz:
Hi
2019 XRT still under warranty.  Signals leaking with condensation.  Has Triumph fixed the problem? Is it worth replacing under warranty or better to just go to the aftermarket?
Thanks

Stevie.P:
IMO Condensation happens, they're not sealed units ... that's why there's a tiny drain slot in the bottom edge of the lens. But ask your dealer anyway, ultimately it's up to Triumph to decide to renew or not.

Masonjarz:
Thanks. 
What can be done?  I suppose Dremel the slot larger.

K1W1:
Never had condensation in any motorcycle turn signals. Maybe itís time to take some time to confirm that the little breather slot is not blocked.

awjdthumper:
Out of curiosity, I've just had a look at the indicators on my 2017 XCA and there are no obvious vent holes and I've never seen any condensation inside them. The same applies to the other bike I normally ride.

However, my indicators use standard bulbs and may well behave differently to later models equipped with LED indicators which I assume do not run very hot. There seems to be a possible choice between using sealed units and vented units but, in terms of the latter, I find it hard to understand how they are supposed to work from a condensation point of view - in particular, how big a vent is required and does it prevent condensation or simply allows it to clear eventually :084:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version