Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Irish sea crossing  (Read 473 times)

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
Irish sea crossing
« on: September 11, 2021, 12:39:13 AM »
I'm thinking of visiting a friend in Devon if I can get a good weather prediction over the next month or so.  Not sure whether to cross at Belfast - Liverpool, Dublin - Holyhead or Rosslare to Fishguard.  Leaving from Derry so it's a bit of a spin out whatever way i go but would be interested if anyone had any views on the nicest runs down the south west coast of  England/Wales.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
Re: Irish sea crossing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 09:36:24 AM »
Which part of Devon wil you be going to as it spans both north and south coasts. It will determine your route  :038:
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 04:22:52 PM »
It's somewhere near Exeter, so i suppose south coast as well as west.  Maybe just an M5 run, make it quickest and handy.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Moto Guzzi V7850
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 08:18:19 PM »
I'm heading over on Tuesday, in the car - boo.  I tend to go A5 straight through. If going south you can try A5, A470 to Talgarth then I work across to Ross-On-Wye. After that you have many options.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 12:13:15 AM »
Thanks.  just looking at the map now.  Belfast - liverpool might be easier for me.  More motorway in england but faster.  Shorter trip on the Irish side too. 

Offline moayling

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 04:35:01 PM »
I live near Exeter and a few years ago bought a bike in Belfast. I flew over and caught the overnight ferry to Liverpool. This actually docks at Birkenhead so you are out onto the A41 and run down through Hereford and carry on down through the Wye valley to Chepstow. Thats the first time l touched a Motorway. I think it was about 5 hours from ferry to home
If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself!

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 12:10:00 AM »
Thanks guys.  plenty of options on that side anyway. I'm notoriously bad on maps.  All the roads look the same on the map, then there's grass in the middle in real life.  I need to get the hang of the satnav thing.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch