Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: front wheel "jumping" on bad roads  (Read 641 times)

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: front wheel "jumping" on bad roads
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 06:08:01 PM »
Guys, thanks for your interesting replies but...

may I remind you that until 2 or 3 months ago I was quite happy with the front fork equipped with Wilbers progressive springs and lighter fork oil. It wasn't perfect but fairly allright for me.

Only within the last two or three months I have noticed that "jumping" and the feeling there is no dampening at all from the front sometimes.

In other words: if it was ok for the last 87,000 kms what has f*cked up now to give me trouble?

The wheel bearing is a suspect but from what I have read if that is shot the wobbeling gets worse at higher speeds which it doesn't in my case. It is really worst going downhill at 70 or 80 kmph trying to slow down. The bike is like a kangaroo then especially when the road is bad.

Springs finally gave in? possible but not very likely... Oil gone to thick, that would explain the behaviour but is that likely...

oh well the suspense is still killing me.

I promised that Tiger that we stay together till death does part us... but if it keeps on like this it gets the coupe de grace sooner or later..
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 07:19:26 PM »
Has the fork oil been refreshed ?

Online chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 09:11:09 PM »
Sometimes loose or worn heads stem bearings can give the feeling of worn shocks.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Recent Topics

winded-staunch