Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Handle bar risers  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Alan215

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph tiger
Handle bar risers
« on: September 14, 2021, 01:14:59 AM »
Hello looking to see if this is a good idea or not I have a triumph tiger 800 14 plate and I seem to be leaning forward on my wrist so thinking of buying handle bar risers we I have to alter cables ect or is it a bolt on
Thanks

Offline dragon88

• Tiger Member
Re: Handle bar risers
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 02:26:02 AM »
a set of 2" Rox risers or similar is the most common upgrade and requires nothing more than a cable re-route. 20 minute, easy job.  FYI, regardless of what some might say. DO NOT buy the cheap chinese risers. Spend a few bucks more on proven quality.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 08:48:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by Alan215 [+]
... I have a triumph tiger 800 14 plate ...

You don't indicate if it is a roadie or XC bike which may be relevant, I don't know the standard setup. Not sure on the 'Gen 1' bikes but on the 'Gen 2' the roadie (XR) didn't come standard with a high riser (but a short one) and the XC did. I had the Triumph XC riser fitted as an accessory to my roadie at PDI and also reversed as that brings the bars up and closer. I then later also fitted Rox risers on top of those and the only thing I had to do was relocate the 'Triumph' rubber band cable ties from being on the bars (pic 1) to just the cables (pic 2 & 3) to remove tension on full steering lock.

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,28513.0.html

The risers I show on page 2 to indicate the reversal system are the standard factory low roadie ones I had taken off.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Abramsgunner

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC ABS
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 08:23:01 PM »
I went with 2" Rox Risers and the ProTaper EVO Adventure bars..    very happy with the results on my 2014 800 XC.

I absolutely hated the stock bars in every way possible.. too short, too straight.. my wrists/arms/shoulders/lower back were not impressed.   I tried the stock Explorer (1200) bars, both with and without the risers and while they were better, they still hurt me.   

The EVO Adventure bars sweep back enough for my wrists, and are tall enough to let me sit or stand in comfort.   

The Rox risers also let you cheat the bar back a bit...  think 45 degrees vs. straight up, so that the bars are a little taller and a little closer to you.

EDIT: I used the EVO Adventure... not the EVO Adventure High

EDIT 2:  I may have cut about a half inch off each side of the handlebars and added real handguards...  cables took a little fiddling but everything worked out OK.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 08:28:02 PM by Abramsgunner »
'14 Tiger 800 XC ABS, '09 Kawasaki KLX331S

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015XC
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 08:41:20 AM »
Explorer Bars are pretty good. There are lots here who have done that and very happy.

I removed my risers after doing explorer and did a thread on why you want to fit them and a how too tutorial.

But go and grab a set of aftermarket bars and put them next to your, sit on an Explorer and then it will make sense.

But, its not an easy job, just saying.

Offline Alan215

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph tiger
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 08:51:12 AM »
Just an update fitted the Rox risers to my tiger 800 and it has changed the bike completely even to the position were I sit on the seat used to sit touching the tank now sit so the rear seat is touching my bum it has brought them up and back about 45 degrees why I did not do this long ago

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 11:15:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Alan215 [+]
Just an update fitted the Rox risers to my tiger 800 and it has changed the bike completely even to the position were I sit on the seat used to sit touching the tank now sit so the rear seat is touching my bum it has brought them up and back about 45 degrees why I did not do this long ago

agree - even the standing position is far better once the up & back Rox Risers were fitted

having a quiet chuckle every time I see some comment about the 900's sitting/standing position not being optimal - the 800 is perfect IMO now that the positioning of the handlebars have been addressed
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline OHRider

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XRx
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 12:28:58 PM »
+1 on ROX
Thanks

Al

Offline jfmcclure

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger800xrx
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 02:38:12 AM »
I am also a big fan of the Rox Risers

Offline Half-Click-Up

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800A
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 05:26:31 PM »
Out of curiosity, have any of you installed the SWMotech risers on the 800?
2014 Triumph Tiger 800A
2009 Yamaha FZ6R
Texas, USA
youtube.com/halfclickup

Recent Topics