Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Electrical, Lighting, and Wiring

Spotlights switched with high beam

(1/1)

sjme:
Hi All

I started a thread on this a few years ago with regards to my 800XCA and seems we got nowhere with it. I've just taken possession of a 900 Rally Pro and thought I'd re-ask the question as there's been time for someone to perhaps come up with a solution..

Has anybody ever worked out how to connect spotlights to the high beam headlight on this bike? And what I mean by this is that I want the spotlights to switch on / off with the high beam, using the high beam switch.

What I do NOT want to hear about are relays and high beam wires (won't work on LED canbus setups), connecting to existing OEM driving light wiring or anything to do with an independent switch and wiring (absolute last resort if at all)

These bikes have a canbus setup which, by my understanding is a frequency switched setup and very different to the standard low / high beam setup thus requiring something totally different. I've asked my local Triumph dealer to chase this up for me and they will ask the question to Triumph Australia and hopefully Europe for a possible answer.

Has anyone else had any success or even attempted something or are any products available that can assist with this?

I look forward to any positive input and possible solutions  :002:

Steve

T800XC:
The only way to do that with these CAN bus systems is with something along these lines...

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,29885.0.html

sjme:
Originally Posted by T800XC The only way to do that with these CAN bus systems is with something along these lines...

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,29885.0.html

I like the looks and idea of that.
What a shame Triumph can't include something like that as standard!!
Do you have it completed and ready to go and are you producing / selling to others?
Is there room for it to piggy back where there is already the bluetooth module in place?

cwadej:
I played with it with no luck on my '18 XCx.

Looks like T800XC has a good idea. I wonder how it connects to the OEM switch?  Probably all electronic in the connection and programming. He's way smarter than me so I'm waiting until I can buy one from him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version