Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Chain Rubbing Strip  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Wullie

• Tiger Master
  • Triumph Trophy TR6 (1969) Triumph Tiger 800 XCX
Re: Chain Rubbing Strip
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2021, 02:59:17 PM »
Cheers Stevie - I thought that was the case. I am glad I checked as my dealer seems to have the older part which I don't want as I had one work loose in the past.

Looking at the pics it seems as if it can be put on without removing the swingarm - is that correct?

Alex

p.s.  Glad I re-read this before posting as autocorrect changed 'swingarm' to 'swingers'.  After all we don't want the whole forum to know what actually happens at the MegaMeet!   :164:

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 03:38:07 PM »
If WOT are genuinely selling the kit with the 2 dampening fillers for the same price I'd definitely opt for that and keep them for potential future needs.

To renew only requires removing the rear wheel , chain guard and plastic boot heel guard to access a screw AIR. Muddysump has a video of the task ... search on YouTube for: Tiger 800 Chain Rubbing Strip Replace (I would put the link here for you if I was on my computer but on my tablet and don't know how to find clip address).

Of course what happens at the Megameet stays at the Megameet .... like Squirrel juice (I was quizzed in Wales but didn't break  :008: ).
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Wullie

• Tiger Master
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 04:13:11 PM »
That's a good point - I think i will order it anyway.  As you say having spares for the future is always handy.

They couldn't squeeze the juice out of you in Wales Stevie!   :007:

Offline stevedo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 07:55:42 PM »
Reference the availability of the rubbing strip. On Sunday 26th I ordered the kit (and other bits) complete with rubber inserts from Fowlers. It arrived on Tuesday 28th. The kit with rubbers is the same price as the rubbing strip without rubbers.

I stopped buying stuff from World of Triumph ages ago. They are just not competitive on price compared to Fowlers. Also the Fowlers online ordering website shows stock levels.

Just a few examples of price differences (Fowlers first/WoT second) :

O rings for cam ladder - T36001008         1.02/2.04
Throttle body O rings - T3600118            2.40/3.60
Cylinder head exhaust stud - T3100015   1.54/2.30
Seal for thermostat housing - T2100201  3.98/5.98
Chain rubbing strip kit - T2051710          36.17/38.34

All prices include VAT.

This is just a small example of the price differences I've found. I've not yet seen anything more expensive at Fowlers when compare to WoT. Service from Fowlers has been excellent.

Note, if something is shown as "Out of Stock" at Fowlers they get it directly from Triumph within 5 working days.

I have no association with Fowlers other than being satisifed with their pricing and service.

For reference, Fowlers online parts for Triumph is here https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/triumph

Cheers
Steve

Orange 800xc ABS travelling around the world. Currently in Argentina. www.tiger800rtw.com or https://www.facebook.com/Tiger800RTW/

Offline Wullie

• Tiger Master
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2021, 08:19:34 PM »
Very useful info, thanks Steve.

The kit was out of stock at WOT anyway so no joy there, apart from a chat with a helpful woman called Pip.

My dealer now has the parts in so problem solved (except for the cost)!

I will check out Fowlers in future to compare prices.

Alex, soon to be   :300:  again I hope

Recent Topics

winded-staunch