Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Newbie Tiger owner says hi  (Read 556 times)

Offline Dave_Bax

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Re: Newbie Tiger owner says hi
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 09:52:56 AM »
Hi, Greenman, I never got rid of the Street Scrambler :152: love the sound, it begs you to be a bit of a hooligan  :001: I also have a project Yamaha XVS650 which I have fitted a Blue Collar Bobber kit to.

I wanted a Tiger to have something better suited to do some longer rides, would like to go back to Glencoe in Scotland and a route round Wales, Yorkshire Dales etc. The Tiger had most of the things i wanted heated grips, spots, larger screen, centre stand etc) I did debate whether to go XC or not, but to be honest my off road days are over after my last attempt about 10 years ago on a DR350 I had rebuilt, I'm far too fat now  :008:.

Bobber needs a paint job and new tyres and she's ready to go. Then I have a few mods planned for the scrambler  :015:

Offline Greenman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Newbie Tiger owner says hi
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 05:32:02 PM »
Hi Dave, A Scrambler and a Tiger seems a good combo.  After a longish test ride I thought the Scrambler would be uncomfortable and hard work for the annual tours I do with other biker mates and as Im limited to one bike  :027: it wasnt an option, much as I liked it. Ideal for bimbling around the Cotswolds, and I love the looks and the light weight. 
Just doing as much as I can for as long as I can.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch