Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Strange oddity. Bike stalls when riding and won't restart  (Read 1793 times)

Online chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
Re: Strange oddity. Bike stalls when riding and won't restart
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 12:28:11 AM »
Just checked, the Coolant Sensor shares a 5VDC supply with many of the other sensors. Two wires = 5V and sensor resistance.
So if you do have a problem in the harness as you suspect, it will be degrading the 5VDC line, knocking out a bunch of other important sensors and controls. I think you need to have a good look at those harnesses.
The 5Vbus wire should be pink/black, and the CT sensor resistance return should be pink/green. That 5V pink/black problem might be close to the engine where you did the jiggling. I'd start looking from that end.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:29:54 AM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline benebob

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 13 800 ABS
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 12:37:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by chuckxc [+]
Just checked, the Coolant Sensor shares a 5VDC supply with many of the other sensors. Two wires = 5V and sensor resistance.
So if you do have a problem in the harness as you suspect, it will be degrading the 5VDC line, knocking out a bunch of other important sensors and controls. I think you need to have a good look at those harnesses.
The 5Vbus wire should be pink/black, and the CT sensor resistance return should be pink/green. That 5V pink/black problem might be close to the engine where you did the jiggling. I'd start looking from that end.

Can't seem to find any good diagrams of it but is this it? 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264699965602?fits=Model%3ATiger+800&epid=1550216577&hash=item3da158f0a2:g:G4cAAOSw4mNelgHg

Online chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2021, 12:43:25 AM »
Seems to be but I can't be sure. Maybe one of the UK guys can use the Fowler's website and check the part numbers for you.
But if it was me I would still use a multimeter and find the specific cause of the problem first. You might be able to repair your own harness and have the peace of mind of knowing you've go to the source.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:45:03 AM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline benebob

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2021, 12:48:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by chuckxc [+]
Seems to be but I can't be sure. Maybe one of the UK guys can use the Fowler's website and check the part numbers for you.
But if it was me I would still use a multimeter and find the specific cause of the problem first. You might be able to repair your own harness and have the peace of mind of knowing you've go to the source.

Problem with that is I don't have the space to work.  Garage is 9x20 and houses my TVR, a Himalayan and a Guzzi, the shed is filled with a Enfield Interceptor 700 so don't want to leave it apart for more than a day or two. 

Offline benebob

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2021, 12:12:56 AM »
Well I found the problem, the main connector for the coolant temp sensor and the other stuff down there had a broken tap.  thanks for all the help

Recent Topics

winded-staunch