Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 XRT fully loaded with extras **Price Dropped to £6999 **  (Read 1859 times)

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
Re: Tiger 800 XRT fully loaded with extras **Price Dropped to £6999 **
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 05:47:54 AM »
Tony, trying to sell your Tiger on a Tiger forum isn't the right move. Most of us who visit this forum already own a used Tiger. There might be a small number of people on this forum who might want to get a newer model or have lower mileage than their current Tiger but it's a very limited number of prospects here.
I suggest trying in the spring and use different venues. Good luck with the sale.

Chico

Offline gordybrock

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800 Phantom Black
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 07:34:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
Tony, trying to sell your Tiger on a Tiger forum isn't the right move. Most of us who visit this forum already own a used Tiger. There might be a small number of people on this forum who might want to get a newer model or have lower mileage than their current Tiger but it's a very limited number of prospects here.
I suggest trying in the spring and use different venues. Good luck with the sale.

Chico :493:  :0461: beginning of winter not a good time to sell any bike, early spring is best when many  bikers are looking for a change of machine  :002:
I'm from Wigan me

Offline learningtofly

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2021, 07:56:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]

Chico
I agree that timing might be an issue, but suspect many potential buyers (Tiger and otherwise) will look at model-specific forums as one of the key channels for sourcing the bike they want. I know I have on more than one occasion, and my biking mates think/do similarly.
Tony
2021 900 GT Pro

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 10:13:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by learningtofly [+]
I agree that timing might be an issue, but suspect many potential buyers (Tiger and otherwise) will look at model-specific forums as one of the key channels for sourcing the bike they want. I know I have on more than one occasion, and my biking mates think/do similarly.

I'd agree with that, but forums are more regular stalwarts & people with troublesome bikes. Maybe favourite to try some of the FB Tiger pages for a wider audience of owners & potential owners. If I was looking for a bike I would be looking there for general info' & sales if I was after s/h. Dealers offer £1,500 less than they can sell for, to cover warranty, overheads + £1k profit margin.

Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline 2wheelstony

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XRT
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2021, 07:22:35 PM »
Cheers for all the thoughts.

I'll keep it over the winter, put it back to standard and sell through the "normal" channels.

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2021, 09:51:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2wheelstony [+]

I'll keep it over the winter, put it back to standard and sell through the "normal" channels.
That sounds like a good plan. I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't list on the forum, you never know, you need only one serious buyer and that person might be looking in multiple places.
To all who live in the norther hemisphere, have a great winter, :190: the ones in the southern hemisphere enjoy the rides. :300:

Chico

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800xr
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by 2wheelstony [+]

Sounds like a plan ,the bad news it will be a year older , the good news is that after 3 years the worst of depreciation is past and itís really down to condition & mileage , personally I would buy older if very clean than something that is younger but scruffy. Any way plenty of time to polish up for the new year.

Recent Topics