Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bar Riser Recommendations  (Read 477 times)

Offline Poacher67

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2013 800 XC ABS
Bar Riser Recommendations
« on: October 20, 2021, 07:35:27 PM »
Can anyone recommend a set of bar risers to do the following ?.. The original equipment height on my 2013 T800XC bars is perfect for me so I'd like to keep that, but I'd like to have the bars an inch or so closer to me - I know, I know.. 'Why not just lean forward another inch idiot ?!' - a valid point, but that's what I'm trying to avoid !.. So if anyone can recommend a set that will achieve this miracle (or where I might find such a marvel..) I'd be very grateful !.. :152:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 10:10:30 AM by Admin »

Offline GeoffS

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
Re: Bar Riser Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 07:40:40 PM »
Check whether you can reverse the original XC risers. Other than that, ROX is the way to go.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesnt.

Offline Poacher67

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 08:28:12 PM »
Thanks for the taking the time to send your advice Geoff, it's greatly appreciated - The bike's locked away in the garage now but from memory I think the OE risers are straight up.. I've seen Rox risers on the usual auction site and they do look a very nice job so I'll investigate further to see if they do anything that fits my needs !! - Thanks again !  :031:

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 08:55:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Poacher67 [+]
... I think the OE risers are straight up..

The original risers stand straight up but are reversible (as Geoff says) which alters the distance between rider and bars. It isn't a great distance ... maybe something like 15mm.
AIR though the bikes were normally supplied with the riser in the position nearer the rider.

(page 1 shows my standard XC risers in rearward position and page 2 shows how the fitment is reversible, though the standard low XR risers).
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,28513.0.html
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Poacher67

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 02:39:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Thanks very much for your reply - You were right, the OE risers are already in the position closest to the rider on my bike - They're not awful as they are but it does annoy me a bit on longer, steadier runs and after a while I find myself hanging on with my finger tips.. I suppose I could just try fitting some 1 inch riser blocks, the risers are tilted backwards by the fork angle so it will automatically move the bars backwards too (although probably not by much..) think I'll end up going for the Rox risers, they do lift the bars another 2 inches but I reckon I can probably stand that, do you happen to know whether the cables, wiring and hoses have enough slack in them to avoid straining them, especially in full lock ?...

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 02:58:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Poacher67 [+]
... do you happen to know whether the cables, wiring and hoses have enough slack in them to avoid straining them, especially in full lock ?...

In the same link I posted before you will see how I found the only thing needed for my additional XC and Rox risers was to relocate the rubber bands to allow a little more slack to avoid any tension on full lock. In the 1st picture with just the XC risers you can see the bands are around the bars/cables/wiring and in the other 2 pics with Rox risers fitted the bands are purely around the cables/wiring. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch