Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel tank capacity, Tiger 900 GT Pro  (Read 490 times)

Offline Paulhull

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XRt
Fuel tank capacity, Tiger 900 GT Pro
« on: October 24, 2021, 03:00:12 PM »
I know this issue has been raised before but since I happened to notice just how much fuel I needed to fill up yesterday and the range to empty I just thought I would mention it.
Instruments said 19 miles left to empty and to fill up it only took 15.46 litres so there were presumably approx 4.5 litres left in the tank - a lot more than 19 miles worth. Considering the low fuel light comes on at approx 55 miles that seems to provide for a very significant cushion.
When full the display says range is approx 210 miles.
Had the bike since July after a Tiger 800 XRT. Love the bike and the only thing I have changed has been the screen, which I never felt the need to do on the 800.

Offline mjab

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Re: Fuel tank capacity, Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 06:15:44 PM »
The mileage to empty will never be an accurate gauge of what is left as it will depend on how you are riding at the time, how open is the throttle, speed you are doing, and many more things for the computer to work out.

There is also some fuel in the tank that is unusable. Triumph don't state the amount on their specifications but BMW do.
An RS1250 has a 20L tank, of which 4L is reserve but it also states a usable volume of 18L so 2L can never be used.

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 09:52:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by mjab [+]
The mileage to empty will never be an accurate gauge of what is left as it will depend on how you are riding at the time, how open is the throttle, speed you are doing, and many more things for the computer to work out.

There is also some fuel in the tank that is unusable. Triumph don't state the amount on their specifications but BMW do.
An RS1250 has a 20L tank, of which 4L is reserve but it also states a usable volume of 18L so 2L can never be used.

Also whether you are going up or down hill. The low fuel light comes on way sooner going down that it does going up.
It seems to me that many riders actually have no understanding of how modern fuel systems operate when I see posts like this claiming that simply because there is fuel in the tank it is actually available for use. It is a good thing most people never need to rely on their wrong assumptions.

Offline Ben_snapper

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 10:39:48 PM »
After pushing my luck on a motorway I rolled into a petrol station just as my range changed to zero, managed to wedge 18.5 litres in. I get about 220 to 230 on a tank, current  stated average fuel consumption is 58.7

Recent Topics

winded-staunch