Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: thinking of buying a tiger but worried over mileage!  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
Re: thinking of buying a tiger but worried over mileage!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2021, 08:30:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Glenandem [+]
Forgot to ask do 2015-2016 model like those come with rider modes in display too like the later colour display model?
yea, the 2nd generation 2015 - 2017 come with the different modes incl rider

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
If you're not fussed about the luggage, this might be worth a look. Similar price to the one you've been looking at, low mileage, very clean and known history.

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,30262.0.html

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Glenandem

• Tiger Member
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2021, 06:54:09 PM »
Cheers bud I seen that and looks really nice but ideally Im looking at spending 7k, with that Id have to hunt down panniers too so ideally I need some fitted.

Online markymark11

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015 - 800 XRX
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 07:42:44 AM »
If you end up needing reasonable priced panniers in really excellent condition - have a look at these - :007:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234260288075

I know you are set on an XCA but I used to have the 2018 XRT which had all the bells and whistles on it. I now have a 2015 XRX which only has what I need, but honestly with the money you save and the bits you could afford to add the XCX could be a better buy for you. For instance the heated seat on my 2018 was broken by Brittany Ferries on the last trip to Spain when they destroyed it by tightening the strap down too hard. The current 2015 has the "comfort seat" and is waaaay better than the heated one. The clocks (with rider modes) on the XRX, IMO, feel far "tougher" and more "rugged" than the TFT on the later models, and there are reports of those having issues. There are no reports of the previous model having issues that I know of. I've fitted heated grips, better screen, beak, radiator guard and a ton of other things and still quids in over the XRT which has the same engine and performance etc etc. just saying  :001:

Offline posty

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2021, 12:01:35 PM »
Hi
You may just be interested in my 66 plate 800 XRX for sale - https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,30252.0.html
Not the XCA you were after but I believe they are good for green laning with suitable tyres - anyway its within your budget - food for thought and yes its top of the range with all the rider modes, heated grips cruise control etc

Offline 2wheelstony

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XRT
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2021, 11:54:51 AM »
Cheers bud I seen that and looks really nice but ideally Im looking at spending 7k, with that Id have to hunt down panniers too so ideally I need some fitted.

If you can stretch a bit further... I have mine for sale..

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,30189.msg322588.html#msg322588

Offline Glenandem

• Tiger Member
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2021, 02:16:39 PM »
cheers lads great looking bikes but its an xca I got my mind set on!

Offline StretchToo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XC 2013
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »
Just my tuppence - if you've 5'7" I'd test ride the XCa if possible. The XR- versions are so capable off road (with the right tyres) it doesn't really matter which you buy, most important thing is that it fits you. I'm 6'3" and have the XC, I bought it because it's really big. There's an article somewhere where two guys in Canada won an enduro on a pair of tigers; one was on the 19" wheels, made no difference.

Offline Glenandem

• Tiger Member
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »
Cheers bud but wont the cast wheels have more chance of cracking compared to the spoked xc wheels?

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800xr
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2021, 04:35:39 PM »
Cheers bud but wont the cast wheels have more chance of cracking compared to the spoked xc wheels?

Depends what  you are intending to do , at 200+kg unless youre  highly competent   youre unlikely to do much off road , especially at speed. If in doubt have a look at the bike and think how you would pick it it up if you drop it.

For forest roads , green lanes cast no problem

Recent Topics

winded-staunch