Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Reviews Tekmount for a Tiger 900 and a Thunderbox Power Distribution Module  (Read 1117 times)

• Offline mjab   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    174
    • Topic Author

Offline mjab

• Tiger Pro
    • Topic Author
    • 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    First of all the Tekmount TG1-900 https://www.tekmount.co.uk/

Being local to John I went over to collect and he kindly installed the mount onto my bike. John has designed 7 different mounts now for different bikes and the simplicity is really good. A main part suitable for a ram mount ball bolted to two brackets with a couple of spacer washers go onto the OEM screen mounts and replaces the OEM screen bar but does not lose any of the function of changing height. With the 1" ball mount supplied by John I used the Ram short arm and base with AMPS holes as supplied with my Garmin. The Satnav now sits high above the clocks and in a great position

Secondly, the Thunderbox Power Distribution Module https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/tb/

Saw this recommended on another site and does away with all the hassle of finding a switched live that isn't on the Canbus
    Connects to the battery and then there are 4 power and 4 earth connecters  where you simply pop your wire in and clip the connector shut. The thunderbox senses the change in voltage when the engine is running and 2 secs later switches on the connected devices and power is cut 2 secs after turning off the engine. Checked it with the above Garmin and it works perfectly. About the same size as a standard box of matches it tucks away nicely

• Online markymark11   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    150

Online markymark11

• Tiger Pro
    • Bike/Model: 2015 - 800 XRX
    Re: Reviews Tekmount for a Tiger 900 and a Thunderbox Power Distribution Module
    Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2021, 07.07 am
    Oct 31, 2021, 07.07 am
    I have a Healtech Thunderbox which goes with me from bike to bike. IMO it is the best accessory for power distribution on the market. No need to cut or splice any wires, no need for fuses etc just connect to the battery. I think mine is nearer 5 seconds and apart from the 5 second delay after engine start you can also connect the white wire to a switched live and have a 5 second "with ignition" set up rather than have the engine running if you just want to use accessories that way. 100% agree with you a brilliant bit of kit.

I use mine with the sat nav and previously things like heated grips and clothing. I have never used it with my little compressor so I must test that one day soon.

• Offline Eckat

• Tiger Cub  ‐    4

Offline Eckat

• Tiger Cub
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 ABS
    Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2021, 01.40 pm
    Dec 04, 2021, 01.40 pm
    Good tip. I installed  the Thunderbox for mij GPS. Simple to setup. Next to connect to it is a moffessor chain oiler.

• Offline K1W1   au

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4925

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
    • Up in the hills
    • Bike/Model: XRX
    Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2021, 07.53 pm
    Dec 04, 2021, 07.53 pm
    *Originally Posted by mjab [+]

I know that it is a bit OCD but the bar the GPS is connected to is not parallel with the top of the bikes LCD screen. It would annoy the cr*p out of me if it was my bike.

• Offline K1W1   au

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4925

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
    • Up in the hills
    • Bike/Model: XRX
    Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2021, 08.45 pm
    Dec 04, 2021, 08.45 pm
    *Originally Posted by markymark11 [+]
    I use mine with the sat nav and previously things like heated grips and clothing. I have never used it with my little compressor so I must test that one day soon.

I would plug the compressor into the accessory socket beside the ignition key and leave the engine running while I was inflating the tyre.

• Offline mjab   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    174
    • Topic Author

Offline mjab

• Tiger Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2021, 10.37 am
    Dec 05, 2021, 10.37 am
    *Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
    I know that it is a bit OCD but the bar the GPS is connected to is not parallel with the top of the bikes LCD screen. It would annoy the cr*p out of me if it was my bike.
    You are right and it was sorted after the photos were taken. It was due to one of the arms not being straight on fitting. 

• Offline Derchef1962   de

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1277

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: 800 Roadie, 2013
    Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2021, 06.31 pm
    Dec 05, 2021, 06.31 pm
    With the mount can you still move the screen up and down?
    Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

• Offline mjab   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    174
    • Topic Author

Offline mjab

• Tiger Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2021, 07.12 pm
    Dec 06, 2021, 07.12 pm
    *Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
    With the mount can you still move the screen up and down?

Yes. the mount is a straight swap for the OEM bar without the faff of changing other fittings or dismantling the front to fit the evotech one

• Offline matt748   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    205

Offline matt748

• Tiger Pro
    • Bike/Model: 900 GT PRO
    Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2021, 04.21 pm
    Dec 18, 2021, 04.21 pm
    Also just gotten around to fitting the crossbar from John at Tekmount.
    Nice quality item, and allows me to use my Ultimate Addons phone mount / Calimoto in a much better position than before (on the mirror stalk) and a sat nav should I buy one in the future.
    Screen adjustability is unaffected.  :028:

winded-staunch