Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: General Information -Dates and Location  (Read 1084 times)

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4354

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    • REME -'Arte et Marte' ... By Skill and by Fighting
    • Bike/Model: 2015 Tiger XRt
    Re: General Information -Dates and Location
    Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2021, 11.12 am
    Dec 14, 2021, 11.12 am
    *Originally Posted by GeoffS [+]
    That sounds OK to me, but I think you’ll have to wait and see what the “others” say.

I have no problem with the dates, my current concern is the potential travel restrictions etc. so I am currently reluctant to even think about sorting and paying for things like accommodation, channel tunnel trains, overseas insurance & breakdown cover, travel/health insurance, etc. (many being non-refundable) until much nearer, like early April. Though I've had my booster jab there is still that slight worry of getting ill from the virus while abroad (and away from family should the worst happen) as this current strain spreads like wild fire. :027:
    Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

• Offline Wullie   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    417

Offline Wullie

• Tiger Master
    • Triumph Trophy TR6 (1969) Triumph Tiger 800 XCX
    Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2021, 03.14 pm
    Dec 14, 2021, 03.14 pm
    *Originally Posted by ghostbreeder [+]
    Or Alex,  forget Norway and head down to Croatia with me instead.

I have to admit that's a tempting offer Robbie, but the Norway trip has been planned for a long time and I have to get it out of my system now!

Next time though...

Alex   :300:

• Offline Wullie   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    417

Offline Wullie

• Tiger Master
    • Triumph Trophy TR6 (1969) Triumph Tiger 800 XCX
    Reply #12 on: Dec 14, 2021, 03.20 pm
    Dec 14, 2021, 03.20 pm
    Hey Alex……, I have a cunning plan for you.
    What about a shortcut from Germany to Norway via Austria, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland and Sweden; that should use up the extra week, and it’s not too far from your original plan!
    Just a thought….
    Geoff  :300:

I have already done that (going the other way and in a van) - skipping the eastern Europe bit and passing through Poland instead.  This seemed a safer option at the time and I am damned sure it is now!  "Hello Mr Putin, I'm just passing through Ukraine if that's ok with you and your chums."   :125:

I am also still working on changing my dates to get to the Megameet so you haven't got rid of me quite yet.   :007:

Alex   :300:

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4354

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    • REME -'Arte et Marte' ... By Skill and by Fighting
    • Bike/Model: 2015 Tiger XRt
    Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2021, 04.02 pm
    Dec 14, 2021, 04.02 pm
    What about a shortcut from Germany to Norway via Austria, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland and Sweden; that should use up the extra week, and it’s not too far from your original plan!
    Just a thought….
    Geoff  :300:

Guess you wouldn't be joining him Geoff .... unless you get permission (MOD Form 138 Revised 2/85). :164: :008: So many countries on the 'security' list that no longer even exist with the reformation of Germany and various parts of eastern Europe. :008:
    Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!