Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: World of Triumph part number T3880607 Camshaft tensioner and combined Allen key/  (Read 380 times)

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Hello folks,

Just wondered whether anybody else has ordered this part number and, if they did, what did they receive? I ordered this part number expecting to receive the tensioner and the pictured allen key/socket - however, I only received the tensioner. Querying with WOT they stated that "Tensioner part is supplied correctly. The EPC image differs across numerous models, showing an allen key. This is not included and the image on EPC is incorrect, this is purely an illustration and does not reflect supplying part."

The tensioner ordered, as you know, is used when servicing the Tiger 800 XRT VIN >=: 855532.

Any experience with this gratefully received.

Regards

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
It looks as though T3880607 is intended to be used with torque limiter T3880609 and to do that it looks as though you would need the Allen key/socket :084: Might be worth asking a different supplier what shoudl be included with T388067.
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Offline SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 Xcx 2016
I also equipped myself with essential Triumph tools to work properly on the revisions of my 800 Xcx from 2016.
For that I bought the same tool as you T3880607, but also the camshaft blocker T3880640 plus the pin to wedge the crankshaft.
Like you, I did not receive the allen key shown on the images of the tools offered by Triumph !!
I adapted one to make the link with the torque wrench (facom) that I have, and that to tighten to 0.6N / m !!
By sacrificing an allen key, this should not represent a brake.
Courage.......

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
*Originally Posted by SOHUTAA [+]
I also equipped myself with essential Triumph tools to work properly on the revisions of my 800 Xcx from 2016.
For that I bought the same tool as you T3880607, but also the camshaft blocker T3880640 plus the pin to wedge the crankshaft.
Like you, I did not receive the allen key shown on the images of the tools offered by Triumph !!

:0461:

I have the same tools ready for when I do the 24k miles service. I bought mine from my Triumph dealer and similarly no Allen key provided. Not an issue as I have plenty of Allen bits in the various 1/4" drive screwdriver/socket sets and security bits set I have. I bought a Sealey 0-5nm torque screwdriver for the task and can then also use on the many other small torque fasteners on the bike. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Thank you for the replies folks,

I have the other parts you mention SOHUTAA - and I can improvise for the tool. The point of my post was to see whether something advertised with a picture of another tool leads you to expect that that is what you will receive......in other words, can it be construed as misleading......I would argue that it does. However, it will not stop me carrying out the work.

I like your suggestion AWJDthumper......I'll give that a go.

Thanks for the confirmation StevieP.......I have plenty of Allen keys.....not the issue here and can make something up......just looking for the ease of use of the pictured combined Allen key/socket.

ATB

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
.... and hopefully nobody here contemplating the task and buying the tools gives Triumph 180 for their 'torque limiting tool' (item 32), :151:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline stevedo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800XC
Just a heads up, don't buy parts from worldoftriumph, they are overpriced. You can buy exactly the same parts from Fowlers at cheaper prices. For example T3880609 from worldoftriumph is 188.32 or 179.35 from Fowlers.

I've recently purchased 521.71 of stuff from Fowlers and saved 80.95 when compared to worldoftriumph prices. Service from Fowlers has been excellent and all parts are genuine OEM Triumph. Some parts e.g. cam ladder O rings, were twice the price at worldoftriumph.

I have no relationship with Fowlers other than being a satisifed customer. For reference, Triumph parts at Fowlers can be found at https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/triumph
Orange 800xc ABS travelling around the world. Currently in Argentina. www.tiger800rtw.com or https://www.facebook.com/Tiger800RTW/

Recent Topics