Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Shout out to Two Tyres  (Read 1437 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Londonglide   gb

    • Tiger Master  ‐    281
    • ****
    • Topic Author

    Offline Londonglide

    • Tiger Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 281
    • Bike/Model: XC
    • Location: LondonTown
    • Country: gb
    Shout out to Two Tyres
    on: Jan 11, 2022, 04.19 pm
    Jan 11, 2022, 04.19 pm
    Just had my Michelin Anakee Adventure rear tyre supplied and fitted by Two Tyres at their London centre.
    Top guys, great price, fast and efficient service.

  • Offline crispey   gb

    • Tiger Member  ‐    88
    • **
      #1

    Offline crispey

    • Tiger Member
    • **
    • Posts: 88
    • Bike/Model: tiger 800 thrux
    • Location: surrey uk
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2022, 04.51 pm
    Jan 11, 2022, 04.51 pm
    Iíll second that

    I hope you put a small donation in the SERV Bloodbike tin?? :007:

  • Offline Phil_from_Derry   ie

    • Tiger Pro  ‐    130
    • ***
      #2

    Offline Phil_from_Derry

    • Tiger Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 130
    • Bike/Model: 800 XRx
    • Location: Derry
    • Country: ie
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2022, 06.14 pm
    Jan 11, 2022, 06.14 pm
    I need new tyres this year on the Tiger and was thinking of a set of these.  Just curious, and there's prob threads on this but have you had these mich adv on before and are they good?  Also, did you go any wider or stay standard width (150 i think) ?  I tend to go wider on rear, only for looks really but prob at the cost of nimbler handling.

  • Offline Londonglide   gb

    • Tiger Master  ‐    281
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline Londonglide

    • Tiger Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 281
    • Bike/Model: XC
    • Location: LondonTown
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2022, 06.41 pm
    Jan 11, 2022, 06.41 pm
    There new to me, and new to Michelin from Last year, I think  They are replacement to the Anakee 3, with better characteristics and more of an off road look for bikes like my pavement princess.
    Road biased (80/20)  or something like that.
    They are not easy to get at the moment. I was lucky to get this one over Christmas.
    Cannot comment on size or the like, just went with what was specced.

  • Offline Londonglide   gb

    • Tiger Master  ‐    281
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline Londonglide

    • Tiger Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 281
    • Bike/Model: XC
    • Location: LondonTown
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2022, 06.48 pm
    Jan 11, 2022, 06.48 pm
    *Originally Posted by crispey [+]
    Iíll second that

    I hope you put a small donation in the SERV Bloodbike tin?? :007:
    Yep, and cash tip for the fitters

  • Offline Phil_from_Derry   ie

    • Tiger Pro  ‐    130
    • ***
      #5

    Offline Phil_from_Derry

    • Tiger Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 130
    • Bike/Model: 800 XRx
    • Location: Derry
    • Country: ie
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2022, 07.26 pm
    Jan 11, 2022, 07.26 pm
    *Originally Posted by Londonglide [+]
    There new to me, and new to Michelin from Last year, I think  They are replacement to the Anakee 3, with better characteristics and more of an off road look for bikes like my pavement princess.
    Road biased (80/20)  or something like that.
    They are not easy to get at the moment. I was lucky to get this one over Christmas.
    Cannot comment on size or the like, just went with what was specced.
    Ah, thanks.  I didn't realise they were just our in the last few years.  I looked at them late 2020 when changing on my yam, must have been just out then.  Ended up with a pair of their more knobbly anakee wilds instead. 

  • Online K1W1   au

    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    5117
    • *****
      #6

    Online K1W1

    • Tiger Jedi
    • *****
    • Posts: 5117
    • Up in the hills
    • Bike/Model: XRX
    • Location: Melbourne, Aus.
    • Country: au
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08.16 pm
    Jan 11, 2022, 08.16 pm
    *Originally Posted by Phil_from_Derry [+]
    Also, did you go any wider or stay standard width (150 i think) ?  I tend to go wider on rear, only for looks really but prob at the cost of nimbler handling.

    If you go with a wider tyre it will not be approved for the bike and you might find that a professional tyre fitter will refuse to install it anyway but beside that in the UK you are likely to cause yourself all sorts of insurance issues based on previous posts on this site.

  • Offline Phil_from_Derry   ie

    • Tiger Pro  ‐    130
    • ***
      #7

    Offline Phil_from_Derry

    • Tiger Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 130
    • Bike/Model: 800 XRx
    • Location: Derry
    • Country: ie
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08.36 pm
    Jan 11, 2022, 08.36 pm
    *Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
    If you go with a wider tyre it will not be approved for the bike and you might find that a professional tyre fitter will refuse to install it anyway but beside that in the UK you are likely to cause yourself all sorts of insurance issues based on previous posts on this site.
    Good points and def worth thinking about when picking new ones.  Will prob stick to the spec-ed sizes

  • Offline Paulhere   gb

    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    2260
    • *****
      #8

    Offline Paulhere

    • Tiger Jedi
    • *****
    • Posts: 2260
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 XRx
    • Location: High Peak
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2022, 09.19 am
    Jan 12, 2022, 09.19 am
    What about the wider size front tyres that most of us fit? We can't have one rule for the front & another for the rear.  :087:
    Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

  • Online K1W1   au

    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    5117
    • *****
      #9

    Online K1W1

    • Tiger Jedi
    • *****
    • Posts: 5117
    • Up in the hills
    • Bike/Model: XRX
    • Location: Melbourne, Aus.
    • Country: au
    Re: Shout out to Two Tyres
    Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2022, 09.47 am
    Jan 12, 2022, 09.47 am
    *Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
    What about the wider size front tyres that most of us fit? We can't have one rule for the front & another for the rear.  :087:

    The 110/80 x 19 is an approved tyre size according to the owners handbook I have.