Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] MCE cancelling your insurance? We can help!  (Read 626 times)

• Offline Bikesure   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    35
    • Topic Author

Offline Bikesure

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    MCE cancelling your insurance? We can help!
    on: Jan 12, 2022, 12.25 pm
    Jan 12, 2022, 12.25 pm
    MCE customers, let us help. Many of you are waking to news that your motorcycle insurance policy will end this month due to no fault of your own. It also appears that the no claims bonus you’ve earnt during your latest policy year will be erased, so if you had earnt 10 months for example, you’ll lose that and any discount that would have rightfully brought you at renewal. To try and help you, we at Bikesure have agreements in place with some of our insurers that if you’ve been insured with MCE for nine months or more and have been claim free during this time, we will honour that years no claims bonus when we quote you. For anyone that falls outside of the nine months, although we can’t honour one years no claims bonus, we may still be able to look favourably on your circumstances when quoting you as we appreciate the situation you are in. As a result we’ve set up a dedicated phone line to speak to you and offer this service which is 0800 085 9273 so please call us and let us help you. Alternatively you can PM me on here if you have any questions

• Online K1W1   au

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    5117

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
    • Up in the hills
    • Bike/Model: XRX
    Re: MCE cancelling your insurance? We can help!
    Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2022, 09.27 pm
    Jan 12, 2022, 09.27 pm
    The UK insurance industry must be light years behind the rest of the world if a no claims bonus is not automatically transferrable from one policy to another as a matter of course. The no claims bonus relates to my history as a policy holder and that history does not alter if I change policies from company A to company B. Here company B would automatically apply the same bonus level as I had had with company A.

• Offline Phil_from_Derry   ie

• Tiger Pro  ‐    130

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Pro
    • Bike/Model: 800 XRx
    Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2022, 10.06 pm
    Jan 12, 2022, 10.06 pm
    Bad situation for anyone involved.  Not sure how competitive Bikesure rates are, i.e. for those who can benefit from the > 9 months offer, is it worth the move to them.  I'm assuming that it's only the current policy year NCB that is affected and not all previous years with MCE.  Some will have been with them for a number of consecutive years like i was up until a few years ago.

• Offline Diddly   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    16

Offline Diddly

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: Tiger XRT
    Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2022, 09.08 am
    Jan 13, 2022, 09.08 am
    Stating the blimmin obvious here, but obviously worth shopping around chaps..... However, I did find that Bikesure were the most competitive when it came to insure my Tiger for the first time last year & it'll be interesting what they come up with this June.... Good luck!