Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] What should this connect to?!  (Read 1303 times)

• Online T800XC   ua

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    2682

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 1200 XRT
    Re: What should this connect to?!
    Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2022, 03.15 pm
    Jan 20, 2022, 03.15 pm
    *Originally Posted by awjdthumper [+]
    My understanding is that it was fitted to most UK bikes although most owners may not have been aware of it. The attached pic shows where it is on my 2017 XCA.

Limited evap stuff is fitted to UK spec bikes. The connector in question here is for the purge valve that controls the return of vapour that gets stored in the carbon canister. It sits in the vapour return line between the canister and throttle bodies.

You can see in which markets the additonal parts are fitted in the following parts list:-
    https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/5596824/tiger-800-xca-from-vin-674842/evaporative-loss-control-system

(i.e. California, Hong Kong, Canada, Brazil & Thailand - if I've got the abbreviations correct)

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

• Offline awjdthumper   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    759

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 XCA
    Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2022, 03.23 pm
    Jan 20, 2022, 03.23 pm
    A quick check seems to show it was fitted to all Tiger 800's except for Gen 1 in the UK although it was fitted to Gen 1 bikes in California and Canada.
    Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT500 + collection of classic British bikes

• Online T800XC   ua

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    2682

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 1200 XRT
    Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2022, 03.43 pm
    Jan 20, 2022, 03.43 pm
      :028:
    *Originally Posted by awjdthumper [+]
    A quick check seems to show it was fitted to all Tiger 800's except for Gen 1 in the UK although it was fitted to Gen 1 bikes in California and Canada.

Scottoiler has some useful info on identifying this in their fitting instructions. Looks like the Gen 2s from late 2016 onwards in the UK. The OP's XRT appears to be a mid 2015 model, probably explaining why the connector's there but not used.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4678

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    • REME -'Arte et Marte' ... By Skill and by Fighting
    • Bike/Model: 2015 Tiger XRt
    Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2022, 04.58 pm
    Jan 20, 2022, 04.58 pm
    *Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
    Looks like the Gen 2s from late 2016 onwards in the UK. The OP's XRT appears to be a mid 2015 model, probably explaining why the connector's there but not used.

:0461:

Although not shown a past post by the OP indicates he had the first MOT mid 2018, so mid 2015'ish bike, similar to mine (registered 1st September) .... and no Evap system or any part of one fitted. Both fuel tank hoses are straight through open vent hoses with no valves (unless ultra hidden), straight from fuel tank to exiting at front LH side of swingarm.
    I'll do a separate thread, with pics, on the early 'Gen 2' fuel breather system.

As I currently have the battery out while plodding through a starter motor renewal & 24k service I checked mine out this afternoon and yes, redundant plug tucked neatly out of sight under the main wiring harness under the ECM location. Mine has been there nearly 6.5yrs as part of an uncovered bike in all weathers with no problems.

... also note the large drain hole in the bottom of the battery box which is why the 'Gen 2' & later bikes don't suffer the issues of the 'Gen 1' with its inadequate battery box drainage and water and starter relay corrosion.

... closer pic.
    Last Edit: Jan 20, 2022, 05.04 pm by Stevie.P
    Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

winded-staunch