Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > ECU Re-Mapping and Tuning

TuneECU 1.9.9 now Released!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nick_of_time:
I installed 1.9.9 and hooked it up to the bike. Got the throttle body and RPM readings, but none of the diagnositic tests would run. Anyone else have this problem?  I emailed the manufacter, but haven't heard back.

Dex:
Originally Posted by just_peekn Could someone clarify what ignition tables are used and when? I'm testing a theory about economy and the large difference in low load timing between the stock and arrow maps.

We have...
I1
I2
I3
and.....
I (N)

For now I have set 1, 2, and 3 to my custom values set in I (N).





AFAIK -

I(N) - Ignition Timing (Degrees BTDC) in Neutral
I1 - 1st and 2nd Gear
I2 - 3rd and 4th Gear
I3 - 5th and 6th Gear

dhula:
Originally Posted by Dex

AFAIK -

I(N) - Ignition Timing (Degrees BTDC) in Neutral
I1 - 1st and 2nd Gear
I2 - 3rd and 4th Gear
I3 - 5th and 6th Gear

Mapedit page on TuneEcu.com
I thought it worked out to be
I1 = ign for cyl 1
I2 = ign for cyl 2
and so on.
When you hover over each one I think it says this also but can't be sure as my memory of TuneEcu is a bit vague.

Your idea makes a bit more sense tho

KildareMan:
Originally Posted by Nick_of_time I installed 1.9.9 and hooked it up to the bike. Got the throttle body and RPM readings, but none of the diagnositic tests would run. Anyone else have this problem?  I emailed the manufacter, but haven't heard back.

The tests work for me.  There is a lag of a couple of seconds, from memory, from selecting a test to it actually starting.

Dex:
Originally Posted by dhula Mapedit page on TuneEcu.com
I thought it worked out to be
I1 = ign for cyl 1
I2 = ign for cyl 2
and so on.
When you hover over each one I think it says this also but can't be sure as my memory of TuneEcu is a bit vague.

Your idea makes a bit more sense tho



Compare the I graphs on the latest generation of maps. I1, I2 and I3 are very similar, except that I1 has a lot of additional advance at low revs. This is the "anti-stall". It would make sense to do that in 1st and 2nd gear, it would make no sense to do it just on No 1 Cyl.

On different bike models the graphs are likely to mean different things, not all bikes will tell the ECU what gear they're in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version