Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Tiger 800 / 900 - General Discussion

XC recall

<< < (3/12) > >>

E Town Tiger:
I posted this in the general discussion area too. I hope this will save someone doing a special trip to the dealer to get the new tune to fix the stalling problem.

I asked my dealer about the recall for stalling and he said I wouldn't have to bring the bike in. All I had to do was let the bike idle for 12 minutes. The fan would cycle a couple of times and the computer would remap itself and fix the problem. He said they had fixed their bikes with the stalling problem by doing that. I was a bit sceptical. I was having a lot of problems with stalling and hesitation. So I did what they recommended and sure enough, the bike runs smoother, no stalling, no hesitating. All fixed!!!!  :046:

soph9:
Originally Posted by E Town Tiger I posted this in the general discussion area too. I hope this will save someone doing a special trip to the dealer to get the new tune to fix the stalling problem.

I asked my dealer about the recall for stalling and he said I wouldn't have to bring the bike in. All I had to do was let the bike idle for 12 minutes. The fan would cycle a couple of times and the computer would remap itself and fix the problem. He said they had fixed their bikes with the stalling problem by doing that. I was a bit sceptical. I was having a lot of problems with stalling and hesitation. So I did what they recommended and sure enough, the bike runs smoother, no stalling, no hesitating. All fixed!!!!  :046:

Sorry not true. While we were away on the loaned Tigers we did a battery reset and idle.  Worked for about 1000KM and then the bikes died.  Up to you but I would bring the bike in for the world wide recall and get the download.  Your call though.

advgrrls.com

E Town Tiger:
Originally Posted by soph9 Sorry not true. While we were away on the loaned Tigers we did a battery reset and idle.  Worked for about 1000KM and then the bikes died.  Up to you but I would bring the bike in for the world wide recall and get the download.  Your call though.

advgrrls.comExcellent advice...thank you. I'll bring it up with the dealer. I'm sure they are looking for the quick fix that doesnt tie up any of their mechanics.

soph9:
Depending on your air filter's condition we were told replacing them is also part of the recall.

SeanD_Colorado:
It doesn't take take long to do the ECU update. They need to do it to clear the recall anyway, so I am not sure what your dealer is hoping to gain by avoiding performing the job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version