Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Re-mapping - what’s to gain?  (Read 2431 times)

• Offline mcinlb   scotland

• Tiger Master  ‐    576

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: 2020 Tiger 900GT
    Re: Re-mapping - what’s to gain?
    Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2022, 01.02 pm
    Jun 06, 2022, 01.02 pm
    In general, a remap is not about more power but better drive and pick up, smoother running, less low rev stalling through "proper" fueling.

• Offline Dizzy

• Tiger Member  ‐    48

Offline Dizzy

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Reply #11 on: Jun 06, 2022, 07.47 pm
    Jun 06, 2022, 07.47 pm
    I've had my 900 GT Pro mapped by BSD Performance in Peterborough.

No increase in HP but much, much better fuelling under 30mph, and the mid range has been completely transformed with pick-up and oomph.

• Offline Greenman   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    56
    • Topic Author

Offline Greenman

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 XRx
    Reply #12 on: Jun 06, 2022, 08.35 pm
    Jun 06, 2022, 08.35 pm
    *Originally Posted by Dizzy [+]
    I've had my 900 GT Pro mapped by BSD Performance in Peterborough.

No increase in HP but much, much better fuelling under 30mph, and the mid range has been completely transformed with pick-up and oomph.

So no more top end power but more mid range, so it feels faster and easier to ride?
    Just doing as much as I can for as long as I can.

• Offline Dizzy

• Tiger Member  ‐    48

Offline Dizzy

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Reply #13 on: Jun 06, 2022, 08.51 pm
    Jun 06, 2022, 08.51 pm
    Correct.
    The on/off throttle is also very smooth.

• Offline PJtIger   gb

• Tiger Cub  ‐    3

Offline PJtIger

• Tiger Cub
    • Bike/Model: 800 ABS
    Reply #14 on: Jun 22, 2022, 09.08 pm
    Jun 22, 2022, 09.08 pm
    *Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
    My 800 ran much better after the remap because you don't get that stumble where the engine is forced to pass that test.

Just out of interest, what software/company did you use?

• Offline Geo T800

• Tiger Cub  ‐    3

Offline Geo T800

• Tiger Cub
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 xcx
    Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2022, 09.14 am
    Jun 24, 2022, 09.14 am
    Tiger 800 xcx 2017. Just replaced the air filter to a DNA one and the end can and looking for smoothing and better torque at low-middle revs, not interested for HPs. I think i need a dyno for just a curve optmization. So i will follow this thread to see what other members have done and their results.

• Offline Newhorizons   au

• Tiger Master  ‐    250

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: 2015XC
    Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2022, 10.59 am
    Jul 11, 2022, 10.59 am
    How about we approach the mapping question from another direction.

I have a Commander V system which measures the actual AF Ratio. (on the bike when I bought it s/h) It adjusts the AF by adjusting the injector volumes as per whatever AF values have been loaded into the Tables.

So I also have the Auto Tune module which allows me to set a preferred AF and the Commander will map that and the Auto Tune Module (eg currently on 13.2 ) will dynamically adjust the AF by applying plus or minus adjustments to the injectors after the black box program..
    The AF range available is approx plus or minus 20%n the black box. So when I read those suggested change tables it shows HUGE injector variances to maintain the set AF. (you can accept those tables and CV will start at those values and ATune will then apply subtle changes.)

The reason I am putting this out there is that now that I have played with various maps - the change in performance is dramatic.
    Read that to be DRAMATIC
    Its probably not about more raw HP but the acceleration and torque is on another level.
    Whilst I haven't been back to have it dyno'ed, I see no point as he told me to go out and play with the Auto Tune and maps. Tick.

The Tuner created and loaded the first simulated Map, disabled the pair system so that we are now getting a true exhaust meter reading and by activating the Auto Tune in the s/ware it has transformed the Bike.

My first Map smashed the rideability set up on the Dyno map. First surprise. Read on because this is where it gets interesting.

I fitted some new decat headers last year and set Auto Tune to 13.5 AF which changed rideability enormously in every aspect ... from throttle roll on at any speed and any gear. Totally blown away by that change. Different bike altogether. Gotta watch the speedo more!

Then got some advice from a master tuner (MAX Suzuki Forum in the US) and currently running a 13.2 'performance' Map and it pulls like a TRAIN. MPG is still consistently 20klm per Ltr over a full tank ... whatever the riding, and I also went up 1 tooth on the c/shaft and it feels easy, in fact it feels like what the ratios should be without having to change so many gears.
    I am now first across the intersection because it pulls off throttle so easily. (PITA off road but, first is even higher)

Therefore my advice to those loading 'Maps' is, every time you change something like pipe = Akrapovic for me, air filter = K&N with pre filter and headers (Delkevic) you have just thrown your Map out the window !!! even if it was ever a proven to be a good map.

How do you even know what the Map is doing ....

I recently bought another CV module which actually shows me real time AF on the display ... boy does that thing work hard and you need to be on open road to try and monitor what is happening. You cant video it but there is a way to save those files apparently.

So in my testing, I can see what the ATune is doing and prove live that I am circa 13.2 + or - one or two points before it adjusts back to 13.2 AF.

Bottom line is if you haven't dyno'd how do you know???

Your eyes would roll back in your head if you saw one of your "maps'' in real time, and in particular on the seat / out on the road - not on the dyno. (there are very different dynamics comparing the two)

I would guarantee you that map / fueling is going to be all over the ship! Seriously. Particularly given my first and original dyno map was very very average compared to my first real 'ride' map on ATune.

Compare that to the original performance of the bike when bought, running no Maps (he hadn't turned on the ATune haha) so with stock fueling, lots of noise with a Scorpion pipe it was horrid to ride and I wondered if I had made a mistake.

Now its hit the button and its giving me 100% proven AF performance all day everyday.  :046:

• Offline Newhorizons   au

• Tiger Master  ‐    250

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: 2015XC
    Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2022, 11.14 am
    Jul 11, 2022, 11.14 am
    Ps, I have decided after around 2000klm in all conditions recently, from serious off road to 120kph full days on highway and everything in between ...

My thoughts are to move the current map back to 13.5 AFR. The pipe is just a little dark for Touring on 13.2.
    There is apparently a button set up into CV module that allows the owner to toggle from a pre 'set' - say 13.2 performance table values map across, to a say a 13.5 dynamic ATune map. At the touch of a button. That will be my last change  :152:

But if I was to be anal, using the live ride AF guage you can actually Tune the Table for 'snap on full power' on the throttle!

Yep, you should see what the AF does if you snap it wide open at say 3000rpm, just watch the AF when you do that, it goes stupid.
    Guys on a dyno can do this so you probably need to give them some direction on your riding style yeah.

But if you were drag racing or doing circuit you may well want to create that exact map!

Then watch what the rest of your new Map ideas from this thread go crazy when you change your riding style haha... food for thought. :084:
    And that new Map you loaded is going to do what ??? Good luck.

• Offline Geo T800

• Tiger Cub  ‐    3

Offline Geo T800

• Tiger Cub
    Reply #18 on: Aug 02, 2022, 12.00 pm
    Aug 02, 2022, 12.00 pm
    *Originally Posted by SOHUTAA [+]

I will be particularly interested in the follow-up. . .

Indeed, I myself modified my mapping, obtaining more Watts because you should know that our T800 equipped with RBW, when the handle is at 100%, the flaps are at 80% !!
    I am thinking of a voluntary limitation from the manufacturer to make this 95hp model accessible to certain markets or continents. . .
    So already a power gain, without counting on the air/petrol ratio, much more favorable to anti-pollution standards, than to the rational operation of an engine.

Interesting subject, to follow and develop.

I am trying tuning me 800xcx via tuneecu map modification and looking for more low-middles torque, in fact i already have got some but need more. Except top end mods did you tune AFRs on lower revs or what else did you tune?
    Last Edit: Aug 02, 2022, 12.03 pm by Geo T800

• Offline Geo T800

• Tiger Cub  ‐    3

Offline Geo T800

• Tiger Cub
    Reply #19 on: Aug 05, 2022, 09.40 am
    Aug 05, 2022, 09.40 am
    Again about tuning a 2017 Tiger XCX. As i said i wanted a gain to lower-middle torques. The target was to have a 17T front sprocket (i am a 99% tarmac driver) for widened gearing and lower rpms on trips but without loosing the low-middles acceleration. I have already changed the air filter to a DNA one and replaced the end can to a Dominator with DB killer on, so the bike had a better air  and gas flow.

Looking to the original map  i saw very lean AFRs at 4,50 from 0-8000rpms on all TPSs to 50%, in fact under all daily commuting conditions. It was something for changing also beacause of the filter-muffler combination and i had to enriched the AFRs. The best i had to do was to have a dyno custom map that would tune both AFRs and Ignition timing but i thought to try myself as a first step tweaking only the AFRs (i know nothing about Ignition parameters and a mistake could be realy dangerous for the machine) and seeing what gain i could have.
    After some weeks of tuning maps and road tests i have to say that the bike is a realy different monster and there is a big difference combined with a 17T front sprocket. In fact the bike does not loose anywhere on tarmac conditions. The gearing is much better, i can use for longer the middle gears, the use of the 6th is much better on A roads at about 400rpms lower and for the first fuel tank  i have a little better mileage (about 0,3-0,5 lt/100kms since now but we see). It revs in middles almost without lags, much quieter, has been limited the noisy-busy acceleration at 3.500-5000 rpms and also running cooler by 2-3 degrees. I am really happy with the road results but the biggest benefit is the driveability of the bike that i really like now how it performs, more civilised i would say  :002:
    Last Edit: Aug 05, 2022, 10.15 am by Geo T800