Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Best long distance heated seat  (Read 755 times)

• Offline peterjfox69   00

• Tiger Member  ‐    33
    • Topic Author

Offline peterjfox69

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: Tiger XCA800Gen3
    Best long distance heated seat
    on: May 21, 2022, 08.54 pm
    May 21, 2022, 08.54 pm
    Iím looking for the best heated seat for both rider and pillion for my 800 XCA 2020

OEM seat ok but I know there must be a better one out there.

Iím 6ft 12 stone my pillion 5ft4 8 stone.

Iíve heard of Corbin, Sargent and Touratech, are these the ones or are there others!

• Offline K1W1   au

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    5180

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
    • Up in the hills
    • Bike/Model: XRX
    Re: Best long distance heated seat
    Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 12.10 am
    May 22, 2022, 12.10 am
    Is a the current seat is okay for you you can simply buy heated seat pads to fit between the top cover and the foam very inexpensively on the auction sites on the web. It will save hundreds of dollars.

• Offline littlefield

• Tiger Cub  ‐    9

Offline littlefield

• Tiger Cub
    • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
    Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 01.11 am
    May 22, 2022, 01.11 am
    If comfort is the criteria itís hard to imagine a better saddle than Russell Day Long. Even their sport saddle is super comfortable.

• Tiger Member  ‐    33
    • Topic Author

Offline peterjfox69

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 10.26 am
    May 22, 2022, 10.26 am
    Has anyone used the Corbin seat?  Does it change the height of the pillion rider ie, make them sit higher?

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4750

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    • REME -'Arte et Marte' ... By Skill and by Fighting
    • Bike/Model: 2015 Tiger XRt
    Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 04.57 pm
    May 22, 2022, 04.57 pm
    Like your XCa my XRt came with factory fitted heated seats and they are certainly harder than the non-heated 'comfort' seat fitted to the XCx/Xrx as standard. I could comfortably go about 4hrs on the factory seat.

However I managed to obtain a second hand set of Sargent seats from a forum member and the front seat (though not mentioned as such) turned out to be the heated version. However, with covid etc. I haven't been doing my normal winter riding and haven't as yet wired it in so can't comment on the efficiency of it in heat mode. However from the comfort point of view 2 weeks ago they finally got the ultimate test as I went to Frankfurt for the forum Megameet weekend and then on to Normandy for a week. I (naively) booked to leave Frankfurt and arrive at my farmhouse B&B on the same day. Due to not sleeping I was up and left at 4:04am and then rode for a straight 11.5hrs basically (at 83mph/130kph on autobahn & toll roads), with a plain fuel stop after 3hrs, a single 20min fuel, toilet, coffee and croissant stop 3hrs after that, another fuel stop 3hrs later and a final fuel top up at my destination .... arriving at 3:45pm ... 555miles/888kms later and the astonishing thing was absolutely no aches or pains, given that the previous 5 twisty, but far shorter mileage days had all resulted in a little bit of hip/knee aches towards the end. :002:

So I for one can certainly say the Sargent seat works 'for me'. :028:

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

• Offline Patchinko   gb

• Tiger Member  ‐    22

Offline Patchinko

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800
    Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 08.39 am
    May 23, 2022, 08.39 am
    I can also recommend the Sargent seat. I had the original comfort seat which was indeed comfortable but quite soft and after a while in the saddle I always had the feeling of sitting on my "tackle", and the Mrs didn't like the pillion perch at all.

I got the Sargent seats and they initially felt a bit firm but after some time proved very good. The Mrs is much happier with the pillion too.

I did need to fit a handlebar riser and bring the bars backward a bit to be sat in the correct part of the saddle though, but it is now the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden.

• Online coach   us

• Tiger Pro  ‐    214

Online coach

• Tiger Pro
    • Bike/Model: 2021 Tiger 900GT
    Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 04.12 pm
    May 25, 2022, 04.12 pm
    Seems the first thing I change out on a new bike is always the OEM stock seat as motorcycle companies never seem to put much of a priority on their seat designs.  As mentioned above if comfort is your main desire you can't beat a Russell Day Long.  But they would look kinda' strange on a Tiger 800 or 900.  Had mine on a large BMW K1200GT transcontinental rocket ship.  Very comfy for high speed 12 hour days in the saddle.  However they are significantly wider affecting your reach to the ground, and you can't really move around on the seat in the "twisties" or off road as it has a tractor seat like design that holds you comfortably in place.  Also have had a few Corbin seats over the years and although they get some bad press about being rock hard, I always found mine very comfy and they will work on most any style of bike.  But lately I've been ordering the Sargent seats as they are easier to obtain since you don't need to send your stock seat to them and be without it for a while, and they are more reasonably priced.  I must also say Sargent's customer service is far above the others.  :152:
    coach - 2021 Tiger 900 GT

2016 Tiger 800 XCx - 2012 R1200GS - 2007 1050 Tiger & 2010 1050 Tiger-SE  (All sold)
    Plus over a dozen other bikes that I loose track of but my wife constantly reminds me of.  :006:  North Conway, New Hampshire

• Offline ZShyster   us

• Tiger Member  ‐    57

Offline ZShyster

• Tiger Member
    • Bike/Model: 16 Tiger 18 T120
    Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 04.47 pm
    May 26, 2022, 04.47 pm
    I have a Corbin on my 2016 XRT and have had Corbin seats on 3 other Triumphs.  I love them.  It does seem to raise your seating height up a little but I found the support, well worth it.

I had both a Corbin and a Russell Day long on my 2015 Explorer 1200.  The RDL was fine (not better than the Corbin) when seated and riding but when stopped I found it uncomfortable because the seat wings seemed too far forward impeding my ability to get my feet to the ground.  I am not as tall as you so it may not be an issue.

I found the Corbin the most comfortable.  The other thing I found is that people either love or hate Corbin seats as they are firm.  Consequently, I have bought each of the Corbin seats I have owned on ebay or a forum only slightly used because they were too firm for the original purchaser.  As a result, I saved hundreds of dollars on each.  You just have to be patient.

Ride Safe,
    ZShyster

• Tiger Member  ‐    33
    • Topic Author

Offline peterjfox69

• Tiger Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2022, 07.32 am
    Jun 02, 2022, 07.32 am