Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Brembo Front Calipers 2019 XRT  (Read 597 times)

• Offline sparky lee

• Tiger Cub  ‐    8

Offline sparky lee

• Tiger Cub
    • Bike/Model: tiger 800 xrt
    Re: Brembo Front Calipers 2019 XRT
    Reply #10 on: Jun 16, 2022, 12.39 pm
    Jun 16, 2022, 12.39 pm

:763:
    Last Edit: Jun 16, 2022, 12.45 pm by sparky lee

• Offline Fazer   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    301
    • Topic Author

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: 2019 XRt
    Reply #11 on: Jun 16, 2022, 07.20 pm
    Jun 16, 2022, 07.20 pm
    *Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]

Looking at the pic the clip appears to be held in place by the 2 tabs bent inwards that clip over a lip on the caliper so surely you could simply bend them gently outwards a little to restore their retention ability (unless one had snapped off or corroded or something). :027:

Tried that but didnít help. Iíve put it all back together now but I donít recall that there was a lip on the edge of the rectangular cavity in which the spring sat. It would have been a lot easier if there had been. The two tabs just seemed to rely on the friction imposed by their spring force on the side of the cavity.

Iíve got a new spring now but wonít install it unless the brakes start to bind again or I need to strip it down again for cleaning or to fit more new pads.

• Offline chuckxc   au

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1183

Offline chuckxc

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: 12XC, 18XCX
    Reply #12 on: Jun 16, 2022, 09.40 pm
    Jun 16, 2022, 09.40 pm
    *Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
    [
    Looking at the pic the clip appears to be held in place by the 2 tabs bent inwards that clip over a lip on the caliper so surely you could simply bend them gently outwards a little to restore their retention ability (unless one had snapped off or corroded or something). :027:

You would think so, but they appear to be designed to sit up slightly above the cavity and combine the two small tabs as well as the larger outer sprung rectangle to maintain the tension on the pads and prevent rattle. I would say that bending those two small tabs would reduce the available opposing tension- I would recommend just using them as supplied.
    (It's really not that hard to re-assemble as is.)
    Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
    My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F