Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Heated Grips for Tiger 800 XRX  (Read 326 times)

• Offline AussieTiger8   au

• Tiger Cub  ‐    4
    • Topic Author

Offline AussieTiger8

• Tiger Cub
    • Topic Author
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 XRX
    Heated Grips for Tiger 800 XRX
    on: Aug 02, 2022, 07.47 am
    Aug 02, 2022, 07.47 am
    I picked up a set of heated grips for my 2015 Tiger 800 XRX but the plug from the grips doesn't match the bike plug.  I was told they are the right ones for my bike so looking for help on identifying what I have.
    The LH grip has an ON/OFF button (no switch to mount to rear vision mirror stem) and this grip has 3 wires (Yellow, Black, Green).
    The RH grip (throttle) has 2 pin connector with Yellow & Black wires only.
    The plug from the grip that connects to the plu on the LH side of the radiator is triangular with 3 wires (Yellow, Black, Green).
    The plug on the bike is rectangular with 2 wires.

Here's a pic of the triangular plug I'm holding.  In the LH background you can see the rectangular plug on the bike (with blanking plug in place)

• Offline markymark11   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    207

Offline markymark11

• Tiger Pro
    • Bike/Model: 2015 - 800 XRX
    Re: Heated Grips for Tiger 800 XRX
    Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2022, 08.02 am
    Aug 02, 2022, 08.02 am
    It sounds like you have grips for the Gen 3 from 2018 onwards. The XRX has - as you say a rectangular connector and requires specific grips and a separately mounted switch and wiring loom - you can buy them with just heated grip button or a double switch with fog lights as well. Google Triumph part number A9828031 for an example. If you look at the picture attached under the left mirror you will see what the switch looks like fitted.

Also take a look at the following from Triumph Instructions (A very useful tool for fitting genuine accessories) this is for the double switch. I couldn't see the code for the "heated grip only" switch but I'm sure a google search will find it or another member on here, either way the loom / grips etc will all be the same.

https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9638172-EN.pdf

Last Edit: Aug 02, 2022, 08.10 am by markymark11

• Offline K1W1   au

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    5264

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
    • Up in the hills
    • Bike/Model: XRX
    Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2022, 08.11 am
    Aug 02, 2022, 08.11 am
    If the on/off is on the grips as above you have a gen 3 set of grips.
    You should have this switch for a '15 XRX (ignore the OFF switch that is for driving lights)

• Offline markymark11   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    207

Offline markymark11

• Tiger Pro
    • Bike/Model: 2015 - 800 XRX
    Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2022, 08.15 am
    Aug 02, 2022, 08.15 am
    As a matter of interest if you are intending on fitting OEM or aftermarket spot/fog lights in the future, it is easy to splice into the "double switch" loom and use that OEM switch for those. As you are looking at the side of the radiator the other connector there is for the fog lights loom with a matching one on the other side of the radiator.

• Tiger Cub  ‐    4
    • Topic Author

Offline AussieTiger8

• Tiger Cub
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2022, 08.21 am
    Aug 02, 2022, 08.21 am
    Thanks for your help guys.  i bought them as Triumph Tiger 800 XRX 2015 - 2019 Fly by Wire & Heated Grips but they must have been labelled wrongly.  I appreciate the responses....

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4827

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    • REME -'Arte et Marte' ... By Skill and by Fighting
    • Bike/Model: 2015 Tiger XRt
    Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2022, 09.30 am
    Aug 02, 2022, 09.30 am
    The double grips/fogs switch (for Gen 2 bikes, don't know about the Gen 3) was only fitted as standard on the XRt/XCa, like my 2015 XRt, as they came factory fitted with both heated grips and LED fog lights. It has 4 connectors, 2 white and 2 tiny black ones.

Some time back World Of Triumph sold off these switches extremely cheap in their sale items, like 18.

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

• Offline T800XC   ua

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    2725

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 1200 XRT
    Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2022, 11.58 am
    Aug 02, 2022, 11.58 am
    *Originally Posted by AussieTiger8 [+]
    Thanks for your help guys.  i bought them as Triumph Tiger 800 XRX 2015 - 2019 Fly by Wire & Heated Grips but they must have been labelled wrongly.  I appreciate the responses....
    Yes they've been incorrectly labelled. They are for the Gen3 Tiger 800 range from typically 2018-2019 and have the on/off button integrated into the left grip. I'd ask for my money back if I was you, and look elsewhere for the correct grips.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

• Tiger Cub  ‐    4
    • Topic Author

Offline AussieTiger8

• Tiger Cub
    • Topic Author
    Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2022, 12.49 am
    Aug 03, 2022, 12.49 am
    *Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
    The double grips/fogs switch (for Gen 2 bikes, don't know about the Gen 3) was only fitted as standard on the XRt/XCa, like my 2015 XRt, as they came factory fitted with both heated grips and LED fog lights. It has 4 connectors, 2 white and 2 tiny black ones.

Some time back World Of Triumph sold off these switches extremely cheap in their sale items, like 18.

Thanks SteveP that's exactly what I'm looking for.  They are on back order here with Triumph.  Still looking.