Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Ecu error after handshake  (Read 11846 times)

• Offline 900GT   au

• Tiger Cub  ‐    3

Offline 900GT

• Tiger Cub
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900GT
    Re: Ecu error after handshake
    Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2023, 12.56 am
    Dec 10, 2023, 12.56 am
    Hi guys,
    First of all, big thanks to the author of TigerTool!!!
    I just wanted to jump in here as I also have the "ECU Read Error" after the handshaking routine has completed on my 2021 Tiger 900GT.
    I am using a BlueTooth ELM327 device which seems to connect to TigerTool V3.3 without any problems.  I've tried a couple of other BlueTooth ODB units and they always give the "can't connect to OBD interface" error but the one I'm using now gets past this so I assume it's working as it should.
    Unfortunately, I just can't get past the "ECU Read Error".
    Ignition & kill switches are where they need to be and I have checked the connector for any dodgy looking pins.
    Here is the ODB2 device I am using.
    Any suggestions will be most welcome.

• Online T800XC   england

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    3053

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 RP
    Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2023, 01.53 am
    Dec 10, 2023, 01.53 am
    Unfortunately it looks like that interface isn't reading the ECU data correctly, or isn't sending out the correct request and therefore isn't getting a valid reply.

From my experience very similar looking cheap Bluetooth ELM327 interfaces are flaky at the best of times.

Any reason why you want or need to use a Bluetooth interface? I use various USB interfaces 99.9% of the time and never have an issue using any of them with TigerTool or Dealertool.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

• Offline 900GT   au

• Tiger Cub  ‐    3

Offline 900GT

• Tiger Cub
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900GT
    Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2023, 02.25 am
    Dec 10, 2023, 02.25 am
    Hey thanks for the response.  I've given up on getting a BlueTooth interface to work so I am looking for a USB interface.  Is there one which you could recommend?

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    3053

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi
    Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2023, 08.36 am
    Dec 10, 2023, 08.36 am
    There are lots that will work and lots of dodgy ones that won't. See this link for leads that are known to work 100% and are recommended by me...

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,31496.0.html

Being in Australia you might find AliExpress the quickest / easiest option as there don't appear to be any of the BBFLY leads on your Amazon or eBay sites. Also, BMDiag do ship their leads internationally and I've found their service to be excellent.

• Offline DROSA   si

• Tiger Cub  ‐    11

Offline DROSA

• Tiger Cub
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 XRT
    Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2024, 12.16 pm
    Feb 22, 2024, 12.16 pm

I have one big problem. I downloaded the TigerTool 3.3 program from this post, installed it and read the instructions.
    I wanted to connect my Tigar 800 XRT 2019 to a computer via ELM 327 Interface OBD II wireless.
    I tried a few times and it didn't work, it wanted to connect but it said CPU Error. The engine had contact and was in the on position.
    When I unplugged the OBD and the computer tried to start the engine, it cycled normally but wouldn't start. What's the problem,
    what happened, did I do some blocking of the motor that did not connect OK. What to do now? Maybe I should try
    connect the OBD to the cable and reject the error, I'm really desperate because I can't start the engine.
    But I don't understand what happened because I didn't do anything specific.

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    3053

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi
    Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2024, 12.44 pm
    Feb 22, 2024, 12.44 pm
    Firstly, why did you try to use TigerTool to connect to your bike? Did you have a specific problem beforehand or was it just curiosity to see that it worked?

Secondly, there's nothing that TigerTool can do that will stop your bike from starting or running, so trying to use it and having problems connecting will not be the cause of any starting problems.

You also tried to use a wireless ELM327 interface and these can be difficult to get a reliable connection, but that's not why your bike won't start.

Best go through all of the standard checks for starting the bike....
        Sidestand down
        gear position in neutral
        ignition switch on
        engine run/kill switch in the run (on) position
        clutch lever pulled in then hit the start button.

Any warning lights on the dash, and does the fuel pump prime as normal when you turn the ignition switch on?

Does the engine turn over when you try to start it, or does nothing happen?

• Offline DROSA   si

• Tiger Cub  ‐    11

Offline DROSA

• Tiger Cub
    Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2024, 01.28 pm
    Feb 22, 2024, 01.28 pm
    First of all I want to thank you for your response to my problem because I am really desperate because I love my bike. I was curious how it works in practice and also maybe turn off the service light. I will try to do everything again as you suggested, but I have already done it a thousand times.

As for the warning lights, nothing special, everything lights up fine, the fuel pump also works and sounds fine, the starter engages nicely and turns the machine, only the engine won't start. I can also take a couple of pictures of the dashboard and record a short video of what happens. Maybe something will help you.

I don't know what if I tried to connect again with the OBD cable, not with the wireless OBD (which you suggest, does it matter which one is the cable). If I could get into the program I might check if there was any error and delete it and try to start the engine again, what do you say.

Do you see an error somewhere else?

Again, many thanks.

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi  ‐    3053

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
    • Tiger Jedi
    Reply #17 on: Feb 22, 2024, 02.38 pm
    Feb 22, 2024, 02.38 pm
    OK so engine turning over but not starting is something completely different.

Probably best to start a new topic in the correct section of the forum for other members to help.

To check for codes you should be able to do the following on a 2019 Tiger 800XRT:-

SIMULTANEOUSLY press the Menu button, push the joystick upwards and switch on.

Any error codes should be displayed onthe TFT.

Finally, also take a look at this thread for a possible solution. Although not TigerTool related in the end, the owner did find the answer based on the information provided.

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,32236.0.html

• Offline DROSA   si

• Tiger Cub  ‐    11

Offline DROSA

• Tiger Cub
    Reply #18 on: Feb 22, 2024, 04.43 pm
    Feb 22, 2024, 04.43 pm
    OK, that means that we have somehow ruled out the possibility that I did something wrong with the TigerTool 3.3 program.

I am asking for one more help, when I failed to connect with the TigerTool 3.3 program, I tried with TuneECU on the mobile phone in the same way. TuneECU is unregistered, I wanted to try to connect it first, because nothing can be edited with an unregistered one. I connected but I collected Triumph (Sagem) but not (Keihin). Keihin support my Tiger, Sagem not. Do you think, maybe there is a mistake here, or it shouldn't affect the start of the engine too.

• Online chuckxc   au

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1504

Online chuckxc

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: 12XC, 18XCX
    Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2024, 07.47 pm
    Feb 22, 2024, 07.47 pm
    *Originally Posted by T800XC [+]

To check for codes you should be able to do the following on a 2019 Tiger 800XRT:-

SIMULTANEOUSLY press the Menu button, push the joystick upwards and switch on.

Any error codes should be displayed onthe TFT.

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,32236.0.html

I recall it is the MODE button held down along with the joystick up.
    Last Edit: Feb 22, 2024, 07.51 pm by chuckxc
    Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
    My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

winded-staunch