Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Tiger 800 values  (Read 1429 times)

• Offline Fishy23   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    109
    • Topic Author

Offline Fishy23

• Tiger Pro
    • Topic Author
    • My other gal
    • Bike/Model: 800xca
    Tiger 800 values
    on: Nov 26, 2023, 05.06 pm
    Nov 26, 2023, 05.06 pm
    Hi all my lovely Linda had breast cancer with secondaries Iíve become full time carer. Iím debating if itís worthwhile retaining my 2018 tiger 800 xca 18,000 miles any idea what I should ask for it. I was thinking around £7500. So hoping for miracles ( for her not the bike) but thought I better get ideas of bikes worth.
    SailorBoy

• Offline julianhj   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    363

Offline julianhj

• Tiger Master
    • Bike/Model: 2013 Tiger 800
    Re: Tiger 800 values
    Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2023, 07.34 pm
    Nov 26, 2023, 07.34 pm
    Sorry to hear of your situation. £7,500 looks like a reasonable ballpark figure.

• Offline Georgeinabz   scotland

• Tiger Pro  ‐    131

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Pro
    • Bike/Model: 800xr
    Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2023, 07.37 pm
    Nov 28, 2023, 07.37 pm
    Sorry to hear,

Type your reg into at webuyany bike or superbike Market first.
    Yes these are trade prices and brutal  but it does soften the blow when the 1st punter comes knocking with a low ball offer and offends you.
    Winter is not the best time , so holding onto spring won't see much devaluation.
    I will personally pay over the odds for a very clean bike , at nearly 6 years old newer bikes are problem and for a little more gets you a nearly new tiger 660 or 850 albeit different machines. I enjoyed my time with the Tiger and highly recommend them to others .
    There has been a couple of 2018 xrts on here and ebay privately that seem to be sticking at the £7.5k mark. I know you have the xca and some may view as more desirable.
    Use luggage & extras  as a bargaining tool otherwise take them off and sell separately,  there usually is a healthy 2nd hand market for that.

Hope it works out for you.

• Offline Fishy23   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    109
    • Topic Author

Offline Fishy23

• Tiger Pro
    • Topic Author
    • My other gal
    Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2023, 09.30 pm
    Nov 28, 2023, 09.30 pm
    Georgeinabz Thanks for your help Iím struggling not to have to do his as Iíve had bikes since 1964 and my lovely Linda thinks it would be a mistake. unfortunately Iím a realist and her caring is getting and more more involved which I donít mind at all but the reality of biking is getting to be a dream, earlier this year I tried to arrange a visit to one of my best work mates in Peterhead but that was a bridge to far and now the bridge is nearly down. What a funny thing is Love yep my little life is centred around being a carer and my bike and little boat are just getting sidelined. My next door neighbour is interested but I hope he is just not doing it to help. Thanks guys for your helpful comments and just make good use of your time ( I never thought I would be an old fart of a sage) and hey miracles happen.
    SailorBoy

• Offline mjab   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    276

Offline mjab

• Tiger Master
    • 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 900 GT Pro
    Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2023, 07.15 pm
    Nov 29, 2023, 07.15 pm
    I am really sorry to hear about your situation and know what you are going through having lost my wife almost 2 years ago to cancer that had spread to her liver.
    My advice is to keep the bike if you can. Whilst you may not be riding it much now there will be the odd few hours that someone will cover for you and getting out for a short ride will help you by giving you a release you enjoy and taking your mind off all those sad thoughts as riding takes so much concentration.
    Even now, my bike still allows to to forget all that we went through and my grief just for that small time I'm riding and it really does help.

• Offline Fishy23   gb

• Tiger Pro  ‐    109
    • Topic Author

Offline Fishy23

• Tiger Pro
    • Topic Author
    • My other gal
    Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2023, 12.09 pm
    Nov 30, 2023, 12.09 pm
    Mjab Iím mulling the whole thing over Iíve just got my renewal notice from Carol Nash so Iíve got until Dec 16 to think about it / what to do etc. But thanks guys for your kind thoughts, itís still up in the air but I donít want to be a fair weather come weekend biker, but maybe in my situation itís that or as they say up here ďnowtĒ ride safe.
    SailorBoy