Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Handlebar Dia?  (Read 4454 times)

Offline burgerking

• Tiger Master
Re: Handlebar Dia?
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Welshman [+]
Just got off Phone with tec department at Triumph and have been told bar end is 7/8" (22.1mm) and its should be in dealers my end of this week!!
Thanks for all your help and advice.
Jeff

so shoot me for being 0.1 mm off  :038:
:031:

(I have a Street Triple R, the switchgear is identical, even the mirrors are the same)

Offline Birdy68

• Tiger Master
  • Be prepared to change your plans.
  • Bike: T'Bird & T800XC
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by burgerking [+]
so shoot me for being 0.1 mm off  :038:

Ahhh - but - what's the ambient temperature? I'm sure that'll put another 0.05 mm onto it once you're in the 40+ degrees...
 :008:
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they're hot!

Offline Catcher

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Welshman [+]
  :148:I need to know the exact size (dia) of the handle bar on the Tiger so that I can get a thumb brake fitted before I can ride it from the dealers. Can anyone give me the correct size not an estimate like the joker on other forum! If he had lost his leg he wouldn't  find it funny. Thanks.
jeff
Welshman, I'm interested to know how the thumb brake works - I presume it operates a master cylinder with the brake line tapped into the existing rear circuit? 
Regards
Catcher

Offline Welshman

• Tiger Master
  • Put a Tiger in your Tank
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 04:20:54 PM »
Yes it comes with its own master cylinder. I will need to run a separate line from the thumb bake to the rear brake caliper. So I do away with the rear foot brake altogether.
Only thing is by doing so I will lose the ABS on the rear but it still works on the front wheel, where to me it is more important.Got it set up on my Sprint ST which as ABS and it works fine, only it wont fit the 800 Tiger hence I need to order a new Thumb brake costing 399.99 thats without the brake pipe. I am saving up, it was 284.00 in Feb 2008!!Will show you photo soon as I figure out how to load it?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:22:52 PM by Welshman »
Welshman From London

Offline Catcher

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »
Thanks Welshman - that's interesting.
Regards
Catcher

Recent Topics

winded-staunch