Out and About > Events, Meetings, and Ride Outs

IMS Seattle

(1/1)

GRN:
Anyone from here going?

It doesn't appear that Triumph is underwriting the usual local dealer to represent the product at the show this year, so they maybe completely absent from this show... along with several others who's bikes are of interest to me. Not sure if it's worth it...  :187:

Tillamook:
I am planning on going if the 800 Tiger is at the show.  I might have to reconsider.

GRN:
Originally Posted by Tillamook I am planning on going if the 800 Tiger is at the show.  I might have to reconsider.

Triumph won't have factory representation, and the dealer who used to get underwritten to go hasn't for a few years now... and none of the dealers I have spoken to up here will even have one in hand by then if they were to go... so I think we're screwed. Sux... NYC was my closest show up until this year, and Triumph will have a factory presence there. This may go down as my single regret for putting 3K miles between me and NYC  :138:

Tiger Tale:
Word is Triumph will participate in the L.A. Show in December. Bit closer than NYC.  :190: Better weather too ...  :190:
I heard earlier that Triumph are only doing 3 of the IMS venues, L.A. being one. Our show here in Nor Cal (San Mateo) already happened.
No Triumph presence at all ... been that way now for at least 3 or 4 years now. Triumph reps tell us: too expensive at $100,000 for a space for the 3 day show. $100,000 times ten shows or so ... now that's real money.

Cycle World magazine no longer sponsor the IMS shows, now Progressive Insurance is doing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version