Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Tiger 800 / 900 - General Discussion

Longest trip on a Tiger 800...

(1/7) > >>

TigerMarker:
Just curious as to what everyone's longest trip on their 800 has been.  I just bought my bike in mid July and one week later I took off for a cross country trip. Sort of a spur of the moment kind of thing.  NJ to California and back in 3 weeks with lots of ups and downs in between. We took the southern route out and the northern route back home. Saw lots of cool things I'll never be able to describe. An endurance test for sure, but the best time I've ever had and by far the coolest thing I've ever done.

After 22 days of conquering the USA here are some stats:

Total distance traveled: 8,926 miles
Highest elevation reached: 14,110 ft. Pikes Peak Colorado
Highest elevation reached with no front brakes on the way down: 10,947 ft. Beartooth Pass Montana/Wyoming border
Hottest temperature: 115 degrees. Arizona
Coolest temperature: I'm not too sure but it sure felt like low 50s. North Dakota. I had to bundle up pretty good on that day. freezing and wet.
Longest day: 4am to 11pm. North Dakota western border to Madison, Wisconsin. 860 miles.
States traveled to: (27) Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
Notable wildlife seen: 2 grizzly bears, elk herd, bison herd, bald eagle, elephant seals, otter, red fox, mule deer, armadillo, coyote, prairie dog, zebras, different chipmunks and squirrels than we have on the east coast, lots of deer, and lots and lots and lots of cattle

A few pics.

Here's a pic of my bike before I left

Gulf Coast

My cousin on top of Pikes Peak Colorado

Southwestern CO near Pagosa Springs

So let's hear yours...

onerugrat:
awesome, that sounds like a blast, you should post some more pics.  And how about your review of the tiger 800,  Did you do any dirt/off road on the roadie?

TigerMarker:
Yeah I'm going to post some more pics. It's just that it's too much. I took 1,000 pics and truthfully they don't really tell the story. But I suppose a few more can't hurt.

As for the dirt. Nothing more than dirt roads. A few in Arizona, Pikes Peak for the small portion, and a couple others.  No real off-roading as my riding partner was on a Harley.

Andylaser:
Pushing 9000 miles is a seriously epic adventure. We would love to hear more about it.  :152:

rt001:
I'm very jealous; you're so lucky over there. :028: That trip is on my list. Since breaking my wrist I haven't even been able ride my brand new unridden 800XC that's sat in my garage!

One day...............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version